• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE : PART 2 (TBD)
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Justice League 2 In Development

justice-league-2-in-development.jpg

Speaking with Total Film Magazine, J.K. Simmons confirms more Justice League movies are currently in development ahead of the November release of the first film.

Total Film questions J.K. Simmons about being seriously pumped up and what can we expect from his Commissioner Gordon in Justice League, which sees J.K. Simmons confirm a -script for Justice League 2 is being worked on:

"Well, Commissioner Gordon wears a trench coat in every scene, so I don't know that the 'pumped up' part is going to be all that evident, especially when you're standing next to Batman! But this is the first Justice League movie - we hope - of a few. They're working on scripts for The Batman and for the next Justice League movie. It introduces my incarnation of Commissioner Gordon. I don't have a lot to do. I feel like I just dipped my toe in the water of who Commissioner Gordon will be."

JK Simmons is also asked about getting to switch on the Bat Signal:

"That's an iconic thing, and obviously there are some very big shoes that I'm attempting to step into. Some really, really wonderful actors have played that part before. It's like all of a sudden everyone in London is doing Hamlet. Now it's my turn to be Gordon."

Based on no actual information, just a gut feeling.  JL 2 will eventually happened, but a doubt the original release date will be met.  I think DC is going to do a several year run ( 2 to 4) of just solo movies.  See what characters click with the public and then have a new JL based on that.

2 minutes ago, drotto said:

Based on no actual information, just a gut feeling.  JL 2 will eventually happened, but a doubt the original release date will be met.  I think DC is going to do a several year run ( 2 to 4) of just solo movies.  See what characters click with the public and then have a new JL based on that.

This is probably the road ahead. Along with building out the Legion of Doom as a phased-in Big Bad. So each character deals with their individual major villain, who then gets recruited into the bigger picture.

14 minutes ago, drotto said:

I think it happens,but without Batfleck and Synder. Kind of like how Holland replaced Garfield. Also it will probably be a few years. 2020?

14 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it happens,but without Batfleck and Synder. Kind of like how Holland replaced Garfield. Also it will probably be a few years. 2020?

I am thinking more like 2021 or 2022, and yes I think the team will look very different.  I think it is likely to be lead by Wonder Woman with no Batman or Superman.  Likely rest of team Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. Think the rest may be real surprises like Batgirl, Black Canary, and Shazaam.

When this was all first announced wasn't it the same as Infinity War? i.e. JL Part 1 followed a year later by JL Part 2?

After the BvS backlash, Whedon stepping in it definitely feels like a major course correction was made with JL being a stand alone movie that could spawn a sequel or other films.

I'm pretty sure Snyder had planned for a massive two parter event film which has since been squashed by WB.

11 hours ago, drotto said:

I am thinking more like 2021 or 2022, and yes I think the team will look very different.  I think it is likely to be lead by Wonder Woman with no Batman or Superman.  Likely rest of team Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. Think the rest may be real surprises like Batgirl, Black Canary, and Shazaam.

I can see the women doing good,time to change things up!

I'd say at this point nothing in the DCEU is definite except Wonder Woman 2 and, regrettably, Suicide Squad 2.  i'd imagine there's some major shuffling going on over there right now.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'd say at this point nothing in the DCEU is definite except Wonder Woman 2 and, regrettably, Suicide Squad 2.  i'd imagine there's some major shuffling going on over there right now.

And Aquaman, which has already finished shooting.

They have to publicly state they'll continue to develop a full slate of films, but the chances we see even a Green Lantern Corps film before 2022, or even Flashpoint in 2020 -- just diminished considerably.

Also notable is the rumor that one reason they cut the Flash-saving-Iris West scene from Justice League is that she was only cast due to director Rick Famuyiwa's insistence -- when he bailed, Warner Bros. opted to drop her and are now re-casting.

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

That's such a great MM cover. 

I just hope they have different heroes in the next one. Give Superman and Batman new solo movies, and let all those other great DC heroes have a chance.

Honestly, I got Batman fatigue. I don't if it's because of Batfleck. All I know is I want to see other DC characters now.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

And Aquaman, which has already finished shooting.

They have to publicly state they'll continue to develop a full slate of films, but the chances we see even a Green Lantern Corps film before 2022, or even Flashpoint in 2020 -- just diminished considerably.

Also notable is the rumor that one reason they cut the Flash-saving-Iris West scene from Justice League is that she was only cast due to director Rick Famuyiwa's insistence -- when he bailed, Warner Bros. opted to drop her and are now re-casting.

And Shazaam.  The film is already deep in pre-production and is slated to start filming early next year.

52 minutes ago, drotto said:

And Shazaam.  The film is already deep in pre-production and is slated to start filming early next year.

Guaranteed:

• Aquaman arrives on December 21, 2018
  • Shazam on April 5, 2019
  • Wonder Woman 2 on November 1st, 2019

Questionable:

• Cyborg on April 3, 2020
  • Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020

Pending:

• Suicide Squad 2
  • Gotham City Sirens
  • Justice League Dark
  • Batgirl
  • Nightwing
  • Harley Quinn vs. The Joker
  • The Batman
  • The Joker (standalone movie)
  • Lobo: The Movie

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Guaranteed:

Questionable:

Pending:

• Suicide Squad 2
  • Gotham City Sirens
  • Justice League Dark
  • Batgirl
  • Nightwing
  • The Batman

People keep looking for an angle where DC can get a leg up on Marvel, and how they can be different, and the answer is right in front of them.  There biggest success has been WW, and Harley Quinn as a character ( not really the movie). Marvel has been severely lacking in pushing female characters. DC has done well in that department.  So for now run with WW, Harley movies, and Batgirl (which is a big question right now). 

Do not completely neglect the boys, but put the woman at par or even slightly ahead.

1 hour ago, drotto said:
4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Guaranteed:

Questionable:

Pending:

• Suicide Squad 2
  • Gotham City Sirens
  • Justice League Dark
  • Batgirl
  • Nightwing
  • The Batman

People keep looking for an angle where DC can get a leg up on Marvel, and how they can be different, and the answer is right in front of them.  There biggest success has been WW, and Harley Quinn as a character ( not really the movie). Marvel has been severely lacking in pushing female characters. DC has done well in that department.  So for now run with WW, Harley movies, and Batgirl (which is a big question right now). 

Do not completely neglect the boys, but put the woman at par or even slightly ahead.

I totally agree.

They should definitely tab another one of the lady movies for Nov 2019 if they can, for sure starting with Batgirl and Sirens.

They should for sure still do Cyborg, then write GLC with a strong female co-lead.

Sirens in Late 2020, Batgirl in early 2021, then JL 2 in late 2021

scrap SS2, people just want to see Harley.

33 minutes ago, revat said:

I totally agree.

They should definitely tab another one of the lady movies for Nov 2019 if they can, for sure starting with Batgirl and Sirens.

They should for sure still do Cyborg, then write GLC with a strong female co-lead.

Sirens in Late 2020, Batgirl in early 2021, then JL 2 in late 2021

scrap SS2, people just want to see Harley.

It would also allow them to do the genre twisting that has lead to a lot of success lately. 

Harley movie = dark comedy

Batgirl = coming of age

Black Canary = Assassin spy