• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair price for Spawn #1 CGC 9.8 please?

9 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, BrainDamageAG said:

:)

$125 is the 90 day average and the book is on an uptick.

$100 is the 12 month average.

Newsstands command even higher prices ($300-350) for no real good reason IMHO.

Edited by newshane

My LCS had 3, not too long ago.  All 3 were 9.8 and they were $100 each. 

Just wait till McFarlane opens up his pallet of Spawn #1's he has in storage.  The market will be flooded. 

Edited by Mercury Man

5 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Just wait till McFarlane opens up his pallet of Spawn #1's he has in storage.  The market will be flooded. 

It wouldn't make that big of a difference. Over 1.7 million copies were sold. His "pallet" would be a mere drop in the bucket. The market is already flooded, but this book moves very well at the current market value and the demand is still there. Lots of reasons to have a copy in one's collection.

On 2017-10-28 at 3:30 PM, newshane said:

$125 is the 90 day average and the book is on an uptick.

$100 is the 12 month average.

Newsstands command even higher prices ($300-350) for no real good reason IMHO.

Yeah, I got to agree with Newshane. When it comes to Spawn, he knows what he is talking about. However, the real valuable Spawn #1 is the Black and White 1:50 incentive or the Spawn #1 no black ink. 

Continuing on the topic of Spawn, do you guys think the Spawn variants (from 220 to 235) are overpriced? Looking to get them but they are quite expensive. Especially considering I would like to get them all in 9.8. Almost all of them have a print run of about 500 - 700. 

Edited by Spawn1709