• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

CinemaBlend attended the world premiere of Dwayne Johnson’s Hobbs and Shawin Los Angeles, and managed to speak with producer Hiram Garcia, who collaborates on all of Rock’s projects, Black Adam included. When we asked him about the work that director Jaume Collet-Serra is doing on Black Adam, Garcia gushed:

"Jaume is a real talent. He is one of my favorite directors I've ever worked with. Not only is he talented, he's an unbelievable collaborator. He's an amazing visionary. And what we have in store with Black Adam and for the fans, I am so excited inside. Inside, I take pride as being a fan boy. I started as a fan boy before I became a producer, so I hold onto that DNA. His vision for what we want to do with Black Adam is fantastic. So, that deal's almost closed. He's ready to go, and I think the fans are going to be really happy."

And...

Somewhere down the line in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's heavily crowded schedule is the DC Comics movie Black Adam, in which he'll play the titular god character known to rival Shazam!. Very few details of the film have made their way out just yet, as Johnson is currently gearing up for the release of Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw which is followed by another season of HBO's Ballers, Disney's Jungle Cruise, and a Netflix movie by the name of Red Notice. Still, the People's Champ has some perspective of his portrayal Black Adam ahead of the character's movie production.

"Black Adam, how he starts, he starts off as a villain," Johnson told ComicBook.com. "Then, he becomes an anti-hero. And then he might become a hero or we might not." As far as other characters or comic book stories the film might follow, Johnson and his producer Hiram Garcia aren't willing to divulge much just yet.

"Well, you're going to meet is you're going to meet a character who's going through a journey," Garcia said. "And I think the idea is, look, we know the root of obviously Black Adam. He was created as a villain. And through the love of the fans and through some great writers and storytellers, he evolved into an antihero. The antihero is a character that we always loved and that we responded to. But we understand that there's been many aspects to Black Adam through him. But ultimately this is a guy who he does have a moral compass as skewed as it may be. And ultimately he is a guy that everything has always been driven by his family and what happens to them. And he is never opposed to unleashing hell when you cross him. So I think when you add in those elements of that DNA, those are things we're very aware of."

On 4/20/2019 at 12:35 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Very interesting tidbit about Hawkman.

I wonder which one?

Archaeologist Carter Hall?

Alien police officer Katar Hol from the planet Thanagar?

Hopefully they'll make the wings and flight more convincing this time with a higher CGI budget.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the JSA episodes of Smallville or with Legends of Tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes of course.  

After ten years...

"This time will be different". lol

(Also, this has nothing to do with predictions of box office returns :shy:)

-J.

Oh, it all comes together as a packaged experience.

emotion01.gif.477cacccdd2fd4035a785f9f818292e5.gif

:baiting:

DJ has the best team

His ex wife is his manager.

He will crush it as Black Adam...

Glad too see its finally getting the wheels rolling...

I hope that the role of Kane is sitting on his desk too, I just think Ryan Reynolds and him have great on screen chemistry.

Deadpool is on my top 5 fav superheroes and Deadpool movies are wicked.

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh, it all comes together as a packaged experience.

emotion01.gif.477cacccdd2fd4035a785f9f818292e5.gif

:baiting:

*yawn*

Wake me when the studio actually announces something official.

(A spin off movie to WB's by far worst performing DCEU movie to date...  can't wait!)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules