• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2022 at 1:27 PM, marvelcollector said:

I haven't watched this, but how does he get so tall?

If you're talking about Sauron, then it's because he is a shape-shifter.

Sauron is a Maiar (Tolkien's version of a lesser angel) so when he is in Middle-Earth, he needs to take a physical form and changes it throughout time.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, The Commissioner said:

If you're talking about Sauron, then it's because he is a shape-shifter.

Sauron is a Maiar (Tolkien's version of a lesser angel) so when he is in Middle-Earth, he needs to take a physical form and changes it throughout time.

Yes, that was who I meant.

Thank you.

Does he have a natural form? If so, what is it?

On 10/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think not because the Blue Wizards were two buddies.

For those who think the timing of this show is wrong for Gandalf or any Istari to show up, consider that in the unfinished tales book "The Peoples of Middle-Earth" they are said to have arrived in the Second Age, around the year SA 1600, the time of the forging of the One Ring.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:14 AM, kimik said:

Hopefully they extend it another five seasons past the first five.

Now they just need to hurry up and release season 2 in 2023

They started filming in October and the studio head said they are getting faster at the production details; however, there is an industry-wide visual effects shortage that is impacting all these shows.  Probably early 2024 is the best bet for RoP with Andor and GoT a bit later.  Still not bad given the intervals we had when I was kid waiting for Star Wars films. 

On 12/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, TupennyConan said:
On 12/21/2022 at 8:56 AM, ThothAmon said:

Hope they do a Balrog spinoff series. He and Gandalf, a love story. 

He smote his ruin upon the mountainside, again & again. 

Until he sheathed his sword within the Balrog.......

Edited by kimik

In an interview with Deadline, Sanders stated that The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power season 2 will have a faster pace than season 1 and will include even more intense battle sequences. His comments reflect fan critique of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power's pacing while also underscoring how much will be happening in season 2 - such as massive battles - to warrant the faster pace. Check out what Sanders had to say below:

"We’ve never done anything like this. So the whole production model, how to produce a show like this, the scale work, all that were things that we needed to learn for the first time in the process of making the show. We are going to be faster. We are going to be able to put more money on screen, just in terms of the scale and scope of what we’re doing now that we know how to do it. And I also think the pace of our story is going to increase in part because the story is demanding that now that everyone’s been established, the stakes are established, that we’re going to watch some characters in some lands go to war."