• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't want Amazon Prime.

We're already at an insane level with all these streaming platforms. And especially when they are raising prices as part of 2022 updates.

I make a good income, and I've been questioning after 3 subscriptions is that too many.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, RickSp said:

Not sure if this has been answered already but is this series meant to exist in the same world as Jackson’s trilogy? So even though it’s set thousands of years earlier are they linked in any way?

I think the assumption is that it is in "the same world as Jackson's trilogy"...ie Tolkien's world.  How can it not, right?  I think the MCU multiverse has messed with everybody's logical thinking lol.

***I never even considered it not being in the same world/universe/story

On 2/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I think the assumption is that it is in "the same world as Jackson's trilogy"...ie Tolkien's world.  How can it not, right?  I think the MCU multiverse has messed with everybody's logical thinking lol.

***I never even considered it not being in the same world/universe/story

But will there be credit scenes at the end of each episode? Not trailers. Credit scenes! And why don't we have a second trailer already?? 

ineedit.gif.6fb999a7500b9efda3368aa96e41cdb9.gif

:Rocket:

On 2/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

We're already at an insane level with all these streaming platforms. And especially when they are raising prices as part of 2022 updates.

I make a good income, and I've been questioning after 3 subscriptions is that too many.

I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney+... And cable, for hockey, since I would be blacked-out by ESPN+ for Detroit games.

I just can't.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:47 PM, RickSp said:

Not sure if this has been answered already but is this series meant to exist in the same world as Jackson’s trilogy? So even though it’s set thousands of years earlier are they linked in any way?

I think their trying to make it look similar to the Peter Jackson movies but also trying to give it their own take. I think have it look similar can help it grab some people outside of the books that only remember the movies.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:51 AM, MattTheDuck said:

2nd Age was Last Alliance of Elves and Men against Sauron in Middle Earth.  3rd Age was War of the Ring against Sauron, Frodo of the Nine Fingers.

I read a huge excerpt online explaining the time line a long time ago, can't find it now :(

Then there were the games Shadow of Mordor

On 2/17/2022 at 11:51 AM, MattTheDuck said:

2nd Age was Last Alliance of Elves and Men against Sauron in Middle Earth.  3rd Age was War of the Ring against Sauron, Frodo of the Nine Fingers.

The 2nd Age ended with that alliance. It lasted thousands of years . As did the 3rd Age.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Disney+... And cable, for hockey, since I would be blacked-out by ESPN+ for Detroit games.

I just can't.

I’d take Amazon Prime over Hulu any day and I like Hulu a lot. I stream all my 80’s B movies from Amazon. Plus the free shipping pays for the subscription after 20 orders. I place 5 orders a month on average. The Prime video service is essentially a free add-on for me.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, ▫️ said:

I’d take Amazon Prime over Hulu any day and I like Hulu a lot. I stream all my 80’s B movies from Amazon. Plus the free shipping pays for the subscription after 20 orders. I place 5 orders a month on average. The Prime video service is essentially a free add-on for me.

I technically have Hulu for free. Not sure if I would otherwise pay for it, but I am using it to watch Sons of Anarchy with my mom (I have already watched the full series once before).

On 2/18/2022 at 1:05 PM, ▫️ said:

That's pretty much how I look at Amazon Prime myself. The video is a bonus. I also have the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ package and of course, Netflix. 

Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series is debuting in September, but don't expect a remake of the beloved Peter Jackson films. The new series promises to be very different from the trilogy. In fact, it takes place 1,000 years before Lord of the Rings. Recently, concept artist John Howe teased, "This isn't the Middle-earth you remember." During an interview with Empire, co-showrunner Patrick McKay made it clear that they're not trying to compete with Jackson. 

"Anyone approaching Lord Of The Rings on screen would be wrong not to think about how wonderfully right Jackson got so much of it," McKay tells the magazine. "But we're admirers from afar, that's it. The Rings Of Power doesn't try to compete with him." He added, "You can psych yourself out in keeping up with the Joneses, but one of the mantras on this was 'go back to the source material ... What would Tolkien do?"

McKay added, "Some of these other competing properties – they play one octave really beautifully ... But Tolkien was playing every note on the piano. He had that variety of tones. There's the whimsy, friendship, and humour that Harry Potter is so beloved for – but there's sophistication, politics, history, mythology, and depth, too. So for us, it was about going deeper into what we are, rather than worrying about what other folks are doing." 

Rings_Of_Power01.thumb.jpg.4574a506a41c60fe4b146d818e19016e.jpg