• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating freecharlie
1 1

1 post in this topic

I posted this in the probation discussion thread 10 days ago. There has been no response to my original pm with him nor has he responded to my separate pm advising him that  I will be proposing him for the probation thread if I don't hear from him.  I've since told him that he will be on the list until he submits payment for his purchases. 

I'm kind of sad about posting this.

On Oct 7th, FreeCharlie claimed a bunch of books in my TOS/TTA sales thread. I sent an invoice the next day and he responded right away, said he was paying then. When I didn't see the payment, I thought perhaps there was some kind of error.    I asked if there was a problem, he responded he was calling PP the next morning and would be paying after 9am.

I said OK, but then I didn't hear back, so I contacted him again. He said there was a problem with some charges on PP and they were sending a new credit card, that he wanted the books. He offered to make a partial payment with a debit card, because he wanted the books.

I said I understood and I asked when he thought he would be straightened out, he said a day or so (I"m paraphrasing). I said fine, things happen, but that was leaving the area the following Tuesday, flying home, to please let me know when he got his card, so I'd know if I should take the books with me (so I could send them from there) or leave them with my daughter to mail if he was going to pay shortly. 

He didn't answer, then I got a response saying to let him know if I was taking the books with me, that he was very sorry, he did want the books.

He seemed like a really really nice guy, so I wanted to give him leeway. I did tell him, I understood that stuff could happen, but he needed to communicate what was going on to me. I didn't hear back.

So, I wrote again and I told him that they were all packed, but  I'd take them with me and that he could pay by the following week.

I never heard back from him after that although I wrote a few times. The last time he read my PM was 10/14. 

What irks me, is he's been online here since  and has not responded to me and I found out he paid another seller who he bought a book from at the same time as he claimed mine.  The other seller said he was just a few days late, so he obviously was able to use PP.

So, it's 30 days on the 7th. I'm not sure if I've messed myself up here regarding the dates by saying he could have another week, but I did send him a separate PM just now about the probation list.

I'm honestly surprised that he has not responded. I even wrote to ask if he was OK?  I got no response. 

I would have opened the thread again, or put the books on eBay, but since he said that he wanted the books, more than once, I guess I'll continue to hold them at least for a while longer. That's the one flaw with this system;) 

However, probation list or not, I just don't want someone else to get stuck in never never land holding books for him, so this is a heads up. If someone knows him and speaks to him, please tell him just to contact me and let me know what is going on. I even left my cell number.

If I don't hear from him by the 7th, I'll post again.

Edited by skypinkblu