• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (2018)
3 3

152 posts in this topic

They cast (now him)  as Vanya.  (He) should have to continue as that roll or they should write (him) out.  

It was a personal decision to transform, but that doesn't mean that they should have to rewrite the material or change everything due to this. 

Just my 2c

Just over a month after production wrapped, Netflix has revealed that The Umbrella Academy season 3 will officially debut in 2022. The streamer also confirmed that the new chapter will take place at the Hotel Oblivion, the name of the third volume in the source graphic novel series. No exact premiere date has been given at the time of writing.

Netflix has set a June premiere date for Season 3 of superhero series The Umbrella Academy. Series creator and showrunner Steve Blackman announced Sunday at SXSW Season 3 will debut globally on Wednesday, June 22. The streamer also released two first-look photos and a teaser.

UA01.PNG.ecfc0424d6e98f939640d9e1b7f30056.PNG

UA02.PNG.40fcfd2077b45d263ed42592fd9d421f.PNG

Ballroom Blitz and the snark factor seems to be up again :yeehaw:

Love this show - and like the way they have worked Elliot Page into the show  (thumbsu

It’s been nearly two years since season two of The Umbrella Academy ended in that explosive cliffhanger. And ever since, we’ve all been wondering just who the Sparrow Academy is and how our favorite group of superpowered siblings was gonna get back to their correct timeline. Well, as is often the case in The Umbrella Academy, the answers are more complicated than they might seem. But season three of the hit Netflix series luxuriates in answering those questions. The new season of The Umbrella Academy is exactly as thrilling as you’d hope it would be. Filled with breathtaking action scenes, deeply emotional character arcs, and enough twists and turns to make a mystery novel swoon, this season is a brilliant watch from start to finish. Some of what happens might prove controversial to longtime fans. But for me, this season might just be the best one yet.

Final Thoughts
At the end of the day, season three of The Umbrella Academy is a total home run. For me, it offers an improvement on the previous season in almost every way. The plot’s tighter and more engaging. And the character arcs are better defined. I genuinely believe this season is the best The Umbrella Academy has ever been. And it leaves off in a place that’s absolutely ripe for future stories that are even more exciting. As a fan of the comics, I’m glad the show is finally veering away from (admittedly loosely) adapting the source material. This season basically ignores the most recent arc of the comic. Instead, it chooses to tell a wholly new story with only a few references to the comics. And honestly, the show’s better off for it.

Overall, if you’re a fan of the previous two seasons, season three of The Umbrella Academy is a must-watch. And if you’ve never quite gotten on board this train, season three just might win you over.

Season 3 of The Umbrella Academy premieres on June 22nd exclusively on Netflix.