• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Stamps???
5 5

94 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

weird O.o I have a NDS---ASM 97 and I didn't flip to see the lingerie lol and now it's in a CGC case!

I just saw that it was rings and said national diamond...... I would have taken a picture, it would last longer haha

I had a 96 with a double insert. But I didn't take a picture so am cursed to be forever disbelieved:sorry:

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

I had a 96 with a double insert. But I didn't take a picture so am cursed to be forever disbelieved:sorry:

I believe you, but I'll have to get it in my noggin to look for it next time if I pick one up (thumbsu  

4 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Does this star stamp pertain to old comics?  I'm looking at a book from the early 40's, and it has a star stamp on it, which looks out of place.

Got a picture?

10 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Does this star stamp pertain to old comics?  I'm looking at a book from the early 40's, and it has a star stamp on it, which looks out of place.

I don't think the star stamp applies to early 40's books in general, but I could be quite wrong.  There are some early Dells that exist with and without a printed star, though.  As @Get Marwood & I said, a picture would help!

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

I don't think the star stamp applies to early 40's books in general, but I could be quite wrong.  There are some early Dells that exist with and without a printed star, though.  As @Get Marwood & I said, a picture would help!

On my phone do having some trouble copying image.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271176243184

7 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

On my phone do having some trouble copying image.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271176243184

I don't see that being one, no

1251440606_s-l1600(3).jpg.4fe97d8b2de379e278cf5f81cb27a540.jpg

Cool though. I wonder what is does signify, if not military?

s-l1600.jpg.54de314e9a662472ebfde3a9a6f11285.jpg

55 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Odd though that only recently I commented on an unusual MJI star stamp in a circle in the MJI thread... hm

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice. You don't often see them in a circle do you

Capture.PNG.65fed2d11c7cf7ec8983e8a818aa8c77.PNG

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

s-l1600.jpg.54de314e9a662472ebfde3a9a6f11285.jpg

I would guess some specific store marking; no idea what that might be.  Heck, it could just be some kid having fun with a stamp.  Admittedly, only one stamp makes that less likely, but still...

17 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Odd though that only recently I commented on an unusual MJI star stamp in a circle in the MJI thread... hm

star in circles markings are reminiscent of ww2 army-air force  identification.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, JR Web-Head said:

So do you know about the colors of the stamps?  I have heard they had different colors did that have anything to do with the branch of Military the book was sold at?  Like Blue =Navy, Red =Air Force, so on and so on?

I have just encountered a blue stamp (I do not own the book), and lo and behold google brings me right back to the cgc boards!

I just got a ASM #177 CGC 9.6  white pages with a star stamp. It's an older case which means it probably isn't pressed and all I can see wrong with it is a slight wave at the top of the back cover that would easily press out.

So...anyone have a CGC 9.8 MJI with a star stamp? :whistle:

772139435_asm177cgc9.8mj001.thumb.jpg.8df77a1b0b2ab9f9bfa4636a93b9c87a.jpg

(Or is a stamp a deal killer in 9.8?)

On 5/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, shadroch said:

Is anyone paying premiums for these books?

At this point, just the MJ insert gets a premium, I don't think MJIs with star stamps have really caught on yet. But I know I prefer them as it's an indication it's got the insert on the front cover.

Edited by trademarkcomics
Typo