• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 3:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Release date of April 1st?

Morbius, and this entire movie, is a joke CONFIRMED!

I don't know. I wasn't excited for Venom initially. Then I saw the first movie, and was surprised how Tom Hardy pulled it off.

I'm not excited for Morbius initially. But then I recognize Sonyverse has a much larger playing field established now due to the Spidey Home mini-franchise and it's own contributions (Into the Spider-Verse included). We could end up with a surprise Andrew Garfield appearance. Or more.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't know. I wasn't excited for Venom initially. Then I saw the first movie, and was surprised how Tom Hardy pulled it off.

I'm not excited for Morbius initially. But then I recognize Sonyverse has a much larger playing field established now due to the Spidey Home mini-franchise and it's own contributions (Into the Spider-Verse included). We could end up with a surprise Andrew Garfield appearance. Or more.

Which sounds like all your hopes and interest in this as a movie are all hinged on it being a Marvel comic book character and getting more Marvel cameos. At this point it feels that mediocre and outright bad movies are getting much more leeway from comic fans who will continue to support whatever movie gets released regardless of quality. Yes, we can be surprised that some things end up being good (Tom Hardy), but doesn't that speak to how low our expectations are for these films at this point :D

Be honest, if this wasn't a comic book character and you only saw the trailer as just some new random vampire movie, would you find it compelling and have hope for it? 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Which sounds like all your hopes and interest in this as a movie are all hinged on it being a Marvel comic book character and getting more Marvel cameos. At this point it feels that mediocre and outright bad movies are getting much more leeway from comic fans who will continue to support whatever movie gets released regardless of quality. Yes, we can be surprised that some things end up being good (Tom Hardy), but doesn't that speak to how low our expectations are for these films at this point :D

Be honest, if this wasn't a comic book character and you only saw the trailer as just some new random vampire movie, would you find it compelling and have hope for it? 

Be honest

On 2/9/2022 at 3:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Release date of April 1st?

Morbius, and this entire movie, is a joke CONFIRMED!

You just wanted to justify your joke. Honestly!

:nyah:

On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

Be honest

You just wanted to justify your joke. Honestly!

:nyah:

Of course it was a joke :D 
I'm surprised the studio didn't think twice about when deciding the release date - they walked right into this punchline!

but seriously, I don't see anything coming out of this movie that looks even remotely encouraging as an exciting film experience (not just a new super hero movie) - most of these Sony properties feel like the potential MCU connections and cameos are doing all the heavy lifting in getting fans onboard with em. 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:35 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Of course it was a joke :D 
I'm surprised the studio didn't think twice about when deciding the release date - they walked right into this punchline!

but seriously, I don't see anything coming out of this movie that looks even remotely encouraging as an exciting film experience (not just a new super hero movie) - most of these Sony properties feel like the potential MCU connections and cameos are doing all the heavy lifting in getting fans onboard with em. 

I agreed allowing a serious action movie to land on April 1st that has had its release move a number of time, you bring the heat.

Time will tell how this lands. I never saw Morbius as a standalone story that would make me jump up for joy.