• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A New Comic Book Collector who has no idea on value or print run.

2 posts in this topic

Hello

I'm new as they come to collecting comic books.   I can tell you most of my hobby collection comes from sports cards + memorabilia .   I'm interested in a Rich Rich, Casper and Wendy comic that was dedicated to baseball in 1976.  Does anyone know the history behind this comic.  I see they have several teams (Astros, Dodgers, Giants, Pirates and Phillies ) on the top of the book , was that a regional thing?   Also are they short printed and have any true value down the road?       Just a curious collector

On 11/14/2017 at 1:52 PM, Benny The Jet said:

Hello

I'm new as they come to collecting comic books.   I can tell you most of my hobby collection comes from sports cards + memorabilia .   I'm interested in a Rich Rich, Casper and Wendy comic that was dedicated to baseball in 1976.  Does anyone know the history behind this comic.  I see they have several teams (Astros, Dodgers, Giants, Pirates and Phillies ) on the top of the book , was that a regional thing?   Also are they short printed and have any true value down the road?       Just a curious collector

If the comic has different comics with various teams, then print run is probably not high on any particular issue. If they were giveaways at the games, they were probably printed to order for the seating capacity or maybe a few thousand higher if only given out at one game. It is listed in the Overstreet PG under the promotional comics section saying SF Giants, but then has another listing below that saying 11 other teams had this promotion with a different ad. They value high end at $28. This will probably not see much if any increase over the years. Most comic collectors stick to the main stream and don't go all out on everything released. There would probably have been more interest if it was a superhero like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, or X-Men book. Buy it because you like if you want one or all of them.