• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Flash 153

38 posts in this topic

I am HOPING iit comes back at LEAST 9.4. I am waiting for CGC. But the book is a killer copy. The back cover is really nice also.

Rube

I do believe you've got a 9.6 there Rube - keep us posted thumbsup2.gif

definitely a 9.0+ candidate. headbang.gif

screwy.gif You wouldn't know a 9.4 if it hit you like a truck sumo.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

I was going to write a 9.4+ candidate so tongue.gif.

I feel uncomfortable grading above 9.4, even if I think a book is perfect.

definitely a 9.0+ candidate. headbang.gif

screwy.gif You wouldn't know a 9.4 if it hit you like a truck sumo.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

I was going to write a 9.4+ candidate so tongue.gif.

I feel uncomfortable grading above 9.4, even if I think a book is perfect.

flowerred.gif

Wow,

Taking no prisoners here I see!!! You can just feel the love!

stooges.gif

when a scan that BIG shows virtually NO defects (except that funky corner which you said is sharp), you have a 9.6 candidate. IMHO..................... thumbsup2.gif

if it comes back less than 9.4, you lied to us about the back cover....... poke2.gif

9.2, maybe 9.4. It would be a 9.6 if it was a Marvel.

i just said almost the same thing in FFB's Adventure comic grading thread. take a look at the two 7.5's that I just got graded....................................... frown.gif

Based on your scans, I wouldn't have a problem w/ you calling those 8.5's. I break all of the CGC books I buy out of the slabs (regardless of grade) , so I get a better look at graded books than most people. I would say 75% of the time, DC's are graded more harshly than Marvels... and the older the book, the wider the difference ( in regards to silver, anyway).

I get a better look at graded books than most people.

Man, you DO think highly of yourself . . . what about those of us who actually submit the books 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

When you submit a book, the book leaves your hands for MONTHS. Even if you have a scan of the book before slabbing, it is usually not a substitute for examining the book, raw, in person. Can you remember every inch of a book months after the last time you saw it raw?? Breaking the book from a slab gives you the benefit of already knowing the grade and seeing the book raw, as opposed to trying to remember how good a book looks outside of a slab. And shouldn't everyone think highly of themselves?

When you submit a book, the book leaves your hands for MONTHS. Even if you have a scan of the book before slabbing, it is usually not a substitute for examining the book, raw, in person. Can you remember every inch of a book months after the last time you saw it raw?? Breaking the book from a slab gives you the benefit of already knowing the grade and seeing the book raw, as opposed to trying to remember how good a book looks outside of a slab.

I don't entirely disagree, I've broken out plenty of books. And yes, I remember every detail about a book (unless I was out of it when I sent it in . . .

And shouldn't everyone think highly of themselves?

Yes, and if they did, they wouldn't post a mug like that as their avatar! 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif