• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Feige Says Marvel Has 20 Movies Planned After Avengers 4!

49 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

If Marvel can take C level characters like the GOTG and make them a hit, I don't put it past them to do the same with other duds like Moon Knight.

If done right Moon Knight could be the Batman Killer. The Batfleck Batman is a low point in the character, now Marvel could pounce on that opportunity.

batman_vs_moon_knight_by_orionstarb0y-d2xmfpd.jpg

2013-05-31_202904_tumblr_mlva0rnXx41rkxf8uo1_500.jpg

53 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

Iron Man doesn't really have any strong villains, nor Black Panther.  I don't see why that should stop Disney from putting Moon Knight into movies.

My reply was to CC suggestion that Moon Knight was their Batman. They aren’t in the same category 

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I would love to see an Invaders movie with Cap, Namor, and the rest.  Especially if Cap bites it in the Infinity War movies, could be a cool way to get him back on screen without being in the current MCU timeline.

Once they get Subby's full rights back I can see this happening. Can't wait to see a relaunch of the FF with Doom and Subby and then hopefully they will tap into the 40's and the original Torch, vs Subby, etc. 

Obvious ones

Black Panther 2 and 3

Captain Marvel 2

Spiderman 2 and 3

GOTG 3

Probable

Captain Marvel 2 (and maybe 3?)

Antman 3

Maybe

Thor 4

Winter Soldier (maybe as a new cap of sort)

Black Widow

Nova

Hulk (maybe a joint with Universal?)

Adam Warlock

Fun Ideas to think about:

Blade (reboot? continuation?)

Moon Knight

Submariner (I think this will be TOUGH to do after DC drops Aquaman)

Ms Marvel (the new teen one)

Howard the Duck?

Something that takes place in the far future like 2099 or GOTG

AND SEQUELS to any or all of the above gets you to 20 real quick.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

My reply was to CC suggestion that Moon Knight was their Batman. They aren’t in the same category 

He could become their Batman and this is dangerous to DC because what is the main thing DC got going for them that makes them special? It's Batman their most popular character. If Marvel could somehow get MoonKnight to that level that would make Batman look kind of old and outdated. Similar to how Thor from another world is considered cooler now than Superman from another world.

See mainstream doesn't really know much about MoonKnight, and we all know Marvel knows how to take a character and make them really hip.modern and cool.

If this happens DC could be in more trouble because Batman is their golden goose.

Mainstream now has Batfleck from BvS/JLA in their minds, so if Marvel could show mainstream a cooler more modern version of Batman than wow that would be a blow to DC.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

37 minutes ago, revat said:

Obvious ones

Black Panther 2 and 3

Captain Marvel 2

Spiderman 2 and 3

GOTG 3

Probable

Antman 3

Maybe

Thor 4

Black Widow

Nova

Adam Warlock

Moon Knight

Howard the Duck?

I really think you are on to something with 2099.

Nova as well.

86159cc283fd7116135c25f0d5beead6--comic-books-nova.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

54 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

He could become their Batman and this is dangerous to DC because what is the main thing DC got going for them that makes them special? It's Batman their most popular character. If Marvel could somehow get MoonKnight to that level that would make Batman look kind of old and outdated. Similar to how Thor from another world is considered cooler now than Superman from another world.

See mainstream doesn't really know much about MoonKnight, and we all know Marvel knows how to take a character and make them really hip.modern and cool.

If this happens DC could be in more trouble because Batman is their golden goose.

Mainstream now has Batfleck from BvS/JLA in their minds, so if Marvel could show mainstream a cooler more modern version of Batman than wow that would be a blow to DC.

If Marvel were able to take Moon Knight to Batman levels, it would have happened already.  And a rise in Moon Knight won't necessarily (and probably won't) have any impact on the value of Batman.  The last time I looked Batman was earning DC just under $500 million a year in licensing and merchandise sales.  That is a lot of ground for Moon Knight to make up, even if a movie starring the character was a box office success.

1 hour ago, revat said:

Obvious ones

Black Panther 2 and 3

Captain Marvel 2

Spiderman 2 and 3

GOTG 3

Probable

Antman 3

Maybe

Thor 4

Black Widow

Nova

Adam Warlock

Moon Knight

Howard the Duck?

You left out Dr Strange 2 & 3, which would be likely I would think. (Or are they still in this phase?) You do not have to use too many new characters to get to 20. I think NOVA (since the Corps has been introduced) and WARLOCK would be pretty probable. New Warriors could come out of a Spider-Man movie, as could Miggy Spidey 2099. And even though you get rid of Downey, Helmsworth and Evans you can still do that Black Widow movie or use Scarlet Witch & Vision somehow.

I am not one of the fans obsessed with the villains in the movies (they can never win people, never so they can never be all that effective) but getting enough comic villains without having Black Widow fight the Armadillo is going to be tough. 

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

See, but that is the crazy mindset that causes conflicts over these movies.

Why does Marvel have to destroy or directly threaten Batman movies? How about both companies bring solid movies to market going forward?

It's like people have to live through the excitement of their favorite comic book studio/company because they have some gap in their own lives. If the general superhero movie/TV show market gets better at their craft, we all benefit in the end. Not cheering on the sideline for one to destroy the other.

And then think about all the other Marvel comic book movies that are unlikely to be on Feige's list. Deadpool sequels, any Cable movies, New Mutants, X-Force, Venom, X-Men.

At least I am excited about a few possible DC movies as well - Gotham City Sirens, any Jared Leto Joker (I think that he was awesome as Joker, awesome), and Whedon's Batgirl.

Edited by Bird

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

You left out Dr Strange 2 & 3, which would be likely I would think. (Or are they still in this phase?) You do not have to use too many new characters to get to 20. I think NOVA (since the Corps has been introduced) and WARLOCK would be pretty probable. New Warriors could come out of a Spider-Man movie, as could Miggy Spidey 2099. And even though you get rid of Downey, Helmsworth and Evans you can still do that Black Widow movie or use Scarlet Witch & Vision somehow.

I am not one of the fans obsessed with the villains in the movies (they can never win people, never so they can never be all that effective) but getting enough comic villains without having Black Widow fight the Armadillo is going to be tough. 

You're right I forgot about Strange, even easier to get there.  As for villains, I think Black Widow can be a straight up spy story, no need to fight a super powered villain.   But in general, it seems like they're already out of good villains

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

See, but that is the crazy mindset that causes conflicts over these movies.

Why does Marvel have to destroy or directly threaten Batman movies? How about both companies bring solid movies to market going forward?

It's like people have to live through the excitement of their favorite comic book studio/company because they have some gap in their own lives. If the general superhero movie/TV show market gets better at their craft, we all benefit in the end. Not cheering on the sideline for one to destroy the other.

I agree, but Marvel is out to win and not play nice. If they can get Moon Knight and Squadron Supreme to the levels of Batman and Justice League they will do it and not shed a tear. It is a business in the end after all. Capitalism.

58 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Folks some of these characters haven’t appealed to the comic fans. They’re a reason why they’ve been 3rd tier characters all this time. Good luck Marvel 

No one though thought Guardians of the Galaxy was cool either. Imagine if 10 years ago I came on this board and said I think Guardians of the Galaxy movies would outgross Batman vs. Superman and Justice League at the box office? People would have done this to me. :screwy:

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree, but Marvel is out to win and not play nice. If they can get Moon Knight and Squadron Supreme to the levels of Batman and Justice League they will do it and not shed a tear. It is a business in the end after all. Capitalism.

I disagree, if Gunn and Feige are being truely honest in their responses to all the fans trying to make this a make-or-break competition. Or are you better in the know than them?

:baiting:

Edited by Bosco685