• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY QUINN Animated Series via DC Digital TV (2019?)
1 1

158 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Norinn Radd said:

NOOOOO! :frown:

Polish_20200218_032811330.thumb.png.fe1bbc1c37e216417a5183df50e59d3e.png

Poison Ivy is my favorite character.  Hope she comes back.

I have a feeling...

Spoiler

...it's a trick to fool the Joker out of the building so they can attack him, and Ivy self-heals somehow. Or, it is a plant-replicated Ivy and the real one is controlling her creation from a distance.

But it is to get the Joker outside for him to celebrate. :wishluck:

With DC Universe’s ‘Harley Quinn’ having just aired its first season finale, we thought it would be a good idea to sit down with showrunner Justin Halpern to talk about how this wacky take on the clown princess of crime came to fruition. Go on a ride with Emre as he talks with Justin about the trials and tribulations of bringing Harley Quinn to the small screen.

Emre Kaya (Geeks Worldwide): Who is your favorite character? Which character do you like to write for the most?

Justin Halpern: Oof, that’s a tough one, and I think the answers change from episode to episode. I genuinely love all the characters on the show. We try to never write characters we don’t love. We had a character who was involved early on in the show but we couldn’t really find what was exciting and meaty about the character so we cut it. So, all the series regulars I love. And the recurs all have a special place. Kite Man, Bane, and Queen of Fables were favorites in the writers’ room of the recurring characters.

harley-quinn-dcu-poison-ivy-king-shark.j

GWW: Have you guys already thought of some characters you want to introduce next season? Any very obscure or niche ones in mind?

JH: Well, we’ve already completed the second thirteen eps that will air hopefully this year at some point or maybe next so I can tell you some! Catwoman is going to be in it, Batgirl, and then yeah we toss some randos in there. We take a trip off-planet for an episode so you might see some faces you normally wouldn’t. I’m trying to think of a super random one. Oh! Doctor Trapp. I defy even the most hardcore DC fan to know who Doctor Trapp is.

GWW: I’ve noticed that during the first season, the series brings us to a lot of cool and different places. You said before that the team goes off-planet for a bit, can we expect more awesome locations like that?

JH: Oh yeah. Aside from going off-planet one time in the second thirteen, we also go to Themiscyra for an episode and that’s probably my favorite episode of the first twenty-six.

GWW: Is it true that Margot Robbie was supposed to voice Harley early on?

JH: Not really. Margot was interested in what we were doing and we had a couple of conversations with her, but it was mostly because she was curious because they were concurrently doing Birds of Prey. So we met with her, we pitched out a few episodes to her and our general arc and she was very thoughtful and kind and just listened and that was kind of it. It wasn’t like she said no and then we went to Kaley, Margot just wanted to be informed.

I remember in one meeting, Margot turned to Geoff Johns and was like “Is this similar to what we’re doing?” and Geoff was like “Trust me, this is way way different tonally than what you’re doing,” and that was that. And I have to imagine he was right. I haven’t seen BoP, but I’m guessing it’s not as overtly comedic as our show.

GWW: Ahh, that’s fair. I’m happy she was at least interested, seems like she really likes her role as Harley Quinn. Kaley is pretty awesome too though, I’m happy she’s voicing the character.

JH: Kaley is the best. Aside from being one of the most genuine, kind, professional people I’ve met in this business, she’s so crazy talented. She can turn a joke a hundred ways and I’ve seen her do it in the booth. It’s like watching Steph Curry shoot threes, where you’re like wtf is happening here how is someone this good at this?

She might be getting all fantabulous and emancipated in theaters right now, but everyone’s favorite insane clown Harley Quinn has been taking over Gotham’s criminal underworld on the DC Universe streaming service since November, 2019. And in case you missed the hilarious (and shockingly heartfelt) animated series, not only is it all available to binge right now — but Decider can exclusively reveal that Harley Quinn will be returning for Season 2… On April 3.

Yep, that’s right, you can check out all 13 episodes of Harley (Kaley Cuoco) and her band of misfit criminals’ raunchy, violent and extremely messed up adventures on DC Universe starting today, with the debut of the last episode of Season 1, “The Final Joke.” And then in April, Harley Quinn will return to pick up on the last episode’s bonkers cliffhanger (no spoilers here) with 13 more episodes. Plenty of time to get caught up on one of the best shows on streaming!

Some of the more hardcore Snyder Cut supporters went nuts when the show inserted a joke about their more toxic opinions concerning future DC projects. Turns out the showrunner is a big fan of the campaign.

On May 11, Harley Quinn’s showrunners Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker did a live Q&A on DC Universe and answered a few fan questions. Eventually, a fan asked about the Snyder Cut joke, specifically how it came to be on the show. Schumacker explained he had "cold feet" about the joke and was sure that it would never make it into the show:

"Honestly, I put the shirts in there as an internal joke, and assumed those would never make it into the final cut haha. Ultimately these guys were comedic to me because of how deep their toxic fandom ran, (particularly the one guy). And I don’t think he’s representative of all the Snyder Cut enthusiasts AT ALL. In truth, I had cold feet about keeping the shirts but I’m glad we did at the end of the day, and the Snyder Cut fans’ response has been outstanding. Such great sports!"

Given how the Synder Cut fanbase has acted in the past, it’s mighty of them to take the joke in stride. With the joke being as pointed as it was, Schumacker also clarified his personal feelings about the Snyder Cut in the same Q&A, calling himself "a completist who wants to see it released. I want all director cuts to be released." Schumacker even took it a step further, sharing a photo on Twitter of a custom "Release the Snyder Cut" sign from his island in the game Animal Crossing:

HBO Max August 2020 is oozing with rich content. Almost every corner of the streaming service’s distinct offerings are covered. For DC, a slew of Batman titles make their way back onto the platform after living a short life at launch. More notably, the Christopher Nolan entries, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, are joining for the first time. Other titles include Birds of Prey, the first two seasons of Harley Quinn, and the end of Doom Patrol Season 2.

Era-defining films of new and old such as Blade Runner (don’t worry it’s the Final cut), Walk the Line (also the Extended cut), and 2/3’s of Richard Linklater’s Before trilogy are making their way to HBO Max. The streamer is also gaining recent and much talked about releases like The Way Back, Queen & Slim, Richard Jewell, and Jojo Rabbit. In only its first few months, HBO Max has proved to be a worthy subscription for those looking to expand their film repertoires, and August is no different.

In terms of HBO originals, fans can look forward to the finale of Perry Mason and I May Destroy You. The Jordan Peele-produced Lovecraft Country is also bound to wake waves across television. In terms of originals only found on HBO Max, moviegoers can look forward to An American Pickle starring Seth Rogen. The streamer will also be the only home to Class Action Park and Ravi Patel’s Pursuit of Happiness, the former being a documentary on what used to be the world’s most dangerous theme park and the latter being a docuseries lead by famed actor Ravi Patel as he travels around the globe. Class Action Park and a new unscripted cooking show from Selena Gomez, Selena + Chef, have both yet to schedule premiere dates in August.

DC WatchVerse: HARLEY QUINN - PANEL

Drop the kiddies off at the DC KidsVerse and head over to the Harley Quinn panel. The hilarious voice cast of Kaley Cuoco, Lake Bell, Ron Funches, Matt Oberg and Alan Tudyk will join executive producers Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, Dean Lorey and supervising producer Jennifer Coyle to break down the most f@#king outrageous moments of the show. #Harlivy Forever! 20 min