• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

circulation figures......

3 posts in this topic

I'm going through some old comics and since people ask this sort of question, I think I'll put the circulation figures I see when I come across an issue where they're cited:

First one

ASM 215 (4/81)

Paid circulation of 297K average over prior 12 mos, 270K for prior issue

Print run was significantly higher, but I guess there were newstands returns.

Given that I never see "inked" comics with 50 cent cover prices, I assume at that point Marvel was pulping their returns?

If you are interested in circulation figures you might want to check out the Standard Catalog of Comic Books published by Krause Publications. They list a lot of the ones that are available.

thanks, but actually, i think it's fun to look at the circulation figures published in old comics -- I guess they were once a year.

Having them all in one book takes the hunt out of the game!

anyway, i thought the sub-300K figure was interesting. i always figured that in the 80s a flagship title for marvel was a lot higher than that. i would have assumed ASM was their #1 book in 1981, maybe X-Men was in the same neighborhood by then as well.