• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oblivion Song- Kirkman's new title

47 posts in this topic

Issue 1 due in March. I'll add to my pull list and give it a shot for reading, but  from a speculator standpoint, do you think it will hold long term value, or will the print run be too excessive?

Also, the collector's edition:  http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=OBLIVION+SONG+BY+KIRKMAN+_1711230  retail $200, midtown preselling for 150.  Anyone going to take a gamble on it?  1000 piece run.

Got this from DCBS this morning:

As stated in the description, this item was limited to 1,000 copies for the direct market. There are over 1500 direct market retailers so orders for this title were heavily allocated by the publisher. We are only receiving 1 copy out of our whole order and it will go to the customer who ordered it first. We will not be able to fill any other orders for this title unfortunately. All orders that we cannot fill have been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

27 minutes ago, Harley Troy said:

Got this from DCBS this morning:

As stated in the description, this item was limited to 1,000 copies for the direct market. There are over 1500 direct market retailers so orders for this title were heavily allocated by the publisher. We are only receiving 1 copy out of our whole order and it will go to the customer who ordered it first. We will not be able to fill any other orders for this title unfortunately. All orders that we cannot fill have been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

ugh. that really sucks.  Are you going to buy another?

anyone know if the advance copy TPB can be graded by CGC? It is very thick, not sure if can be slabbed. I haven't seen any show up which surprises me as it would be the true first appearance of any characters that appear in issue 1-4.

1 hour ago, cbalroman said:

I believe they still slab trades so I would think they could do it. 

They don't slab trades.
Maybe you're thinking or prestige editions, like Harley Quinn #nn, Dark Knight Returns, etc...?

Edited by ygogolak

I picked one up to read today from the LCS. Doubt it will really rise in value given the news mentioned above that they're going to print a LOT to ensure no 2nd printings... This one isn't taking anyone by surprise, but hopefully it's a good story!