• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oblivion Song- Kirkman's new title

47 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, ygogolak said:

Robert Kirkman’s ‘Oblivion Song’ Comic In Works As Movie At Universal

https://deadline.com/2019/06/oblivion-song-movie-robert-kirkman-universal-1202630918/

Orly?  Nice to hear.

Im a huge scifi fan and ive been loving this series. I have them all. The art is solid and imaginative. The premise is intriguing and fun to follow. And the characters keep me interested (while im in complete disagreement with them)

This last issue broke some new ground, quite alot of action and a good cliff hanger as we see some old characters return, but different.

Of course thats me. I do not like his the walking dead but cant say ive read much else of kirkman

On 6/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, Mirkinator said:

Orly?  Nice to hear.

Im a huge scifi fan and ive been loving this series. I have them all. The art is solid and imaginative. The premise is intriguing and fun to follow. And the characters keep me interested (while im in complete disagreement with them)

This last issue broke some new ground, quite alot of action and a good cliff hanger as we see some old characters return, but different.

Of course thats me. I do not like his the walking dead but cant say ive read much else of kirkman

You should read Invincible.  That's his best series.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

You should read Invincible.  That's his best series.

Ive eyed it several times. And tried watching it on Amazon. It unfortunately did not grab me from the start like this comic did. Will have to check out a TPB or something to see if  ill enjoy it more then the stream.

These new movie details are great news and that jake dude seems he could play the part of nathan really well. End of this Oblivion arc is really good. Sad its going to end soon though :(

On 8/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Mirkinator said:

Ive eyed it several times. And tried watching it on Amazon. It unfortunately did not grab me from the start like this comic did. Will have to check out a TPB or something to see if  ill enjoy it more then the stream.

These new movie details are great news and that jake dude seems he could play the part of nathan really well. End of this Oblivion arc is really good. Sad its going to end soon though :(

The book has gotten better as it progressed.  I also hate to see it end now.  I'm betting numbers are pretty low from #4 to current.  It lost steam with the public pretty quickly.

Patrick

On 8/25/2021 at 7:06 PM, followtheleader said:

The book has gotten better as it progressed.  I also hate to see it end now.  I'm betting numbers are pretty low from #4 to current.  It lost steam with the public pretty quickly.

Patrick

Yea didnt seem to be super popular. Ill admit I was swayed a bit more by the world building and intrigue, rather then dialog and personal relationships. Felt like Nathan and his brother were the only ones who really carried the story for me until we learned more about the Ghozan. 

And Im already loosing too many series I love this year. This, Ascender, Immortal Hulk, Venom and so many great stories that were way too short - like Nottingham, Ultramega, Eniac and others. I cant say there is much coming to replace these except maybe Saga.

Who knows, maybe Ewing will carry Venom well. But this year feels like Im loosing more good reads then I should be.