• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

Finally watched on streaming. 

I enjoyed it. I like the Widow pose jokes those were funny. 

A solid film not a top Marvel film, but it did not really do anything wrong. 
Nice way to see Scarlet go out in her own film. I hope she lives a long 
great life for the entertainment she provided us Marvel Zombies. 

What a big steaming pile of caca. Glad I waited to ONLY get jacked for my Disney subscription, as opposed to paying extra rental fees for this one. Boy was it awful. Just look through this entire thread... most die hard MCU stans are saying things like "it wasn't that bad" and "it really didn't do anything wrong". :roflmao:If you're being objective, this movie was straight doodoo. I was really excited for it, too. Big disappointment!!! 

As for all you trolls out there that continue to dog DC by citing Marvel's box office success... The Dark Knight and Watchmen can take a dump on any Marvel Movie ever made, mic drop, and walk away with a smirk. You know it, I know it. 

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 10/8/2021 at 4:28 AM, Joshua33 said:

As for all you trolls out there that continue to dog DC by sighting Marvel's box office success... The Dark Knight and Watchmen can take a dump on any Marvel Movie ever made, mic drop, and walk away with a smirk. You know it, I know it. 

Idk. The MCU has a few top-tier gems. Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Infinity War, etc. I definitely prefer the 'darker' substance and style of DC films from the last 16-17 years, but I still greatly enjoy a lot of Marvel stuff.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Idk. The MCU has a few top-tier gems. Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Infinity War, etc. I definitely prefer the 'darker' substance and style of DC films from the last 16-17 years, but I still greatly enjoy a lot of Marvel stuff.

I try to enjoy all these comic book productions as well.

But it comes down to the unhealthy competitive statements made by some that leads to blowups and detracting from the general atmosphere. Yet anyone that counters their statements are then perceived as 'being negative'. Like the game @Straw-Man played recently of hinting to the 'self-proclaimed moderator of this area' which ignores the excessive attacks on non-MCU films and TV shows. Yet when someone pushes back they are the bad person.

It only leads to others then taking the same approach to push back on the 'MCU hardcore lovers'. And goes down a troubling path from there.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

I try to enjoy all these comic book productions as well.

But it comes down to the unhealthy competitive statements made by some that leads to blowups and detracting from the general atmosphere. Yet anyone that counters their statements are then perceived as 'being negative'. Like the game @Straw-Man played recently of hinting to the 'self-proclaimed moderator of this area' which ignores the excessive attacks on non-MCU films and TV shows. Yet when someone pushes back they are the bad person.

It only leads to others then taking the same approach to push back on the 'MCU hardcore lovers'. And goes down a troubling path from there.

There are 3 kinds of truths: Political truths, which are said over and over again until believed to be real; Objective truths, which are like science and math and are irrefutable; And personal truths, which are subjective to one's self.

For Joshua, DC movies are clearly better than Marvel. This is a personal truth. He has every right to it. Presenting it as an objective truth is a fool's errand, which is why I chimed in.

It's best to make sure that we convey whether or not we are discussing something objective or subjective. A lot of times this is made unclear, and comes across as misinformation. I do my best to make it clear which angle I'm taking.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's best to make sure that we convey whether or not we are discussing something objective or subjective. A lot of times this is made unclear, and comes across as misinformation. I do my best to make it clear which angle I'm taking.

Well. We know how that goes. Unfortunately in some minds 'objectively' anything not what they like everyone recognizes as being bad. Definitely. For sure. In their mind.

(:

On 10/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

Well. We know how that goes. Unfortunately in some minds 'objectively' anything not what they like everyone recognizes as being bad. Definitely. For sure. In their mind.

(:

The only person that I have on ignore is unable to separate objective from subjective, sadly. There used to be potential for constructive conversation.

Kinda like a guy on Reddit who claimed that, "Marvel movie characters and stories are more comic-accurate than DC", despite being objectively incorrect.

I'm really sick of the comparisons, though. It's fair to say that Iron Man and Captain America are very comic-accurate. It's also safe to say that Thor and Hulk have been butchered. Why must their accuracy be compared to DC? Is Dark Horse better than Marvel because 300 was more comic-accurate than the entire MCU?

On 10/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The only person that I have on ignore is unable to separate objective from subjective, sadly. There used to be potential for constructive conversation.

Kinda like a guy on Reddit who claimed that, "Marvel movie characters and stories are more comic-accurate than DC", despite being objectively incorrect.

I'm really sick of the comparisons, though. It's fair to say that Iron Man and Captain America are very comic-accurate. It's also safe to say that Thor and Hulk have been butchered. Why must their accuracy be compared to DC? Is Dark Horse better than Marvel because 300 was more comic-accurate than the entire MCU?

Why yes. And add Time Cop and Doctor Giggles to this list as well. :baiting:

timecop.jpg.e339108e7ea34620566e6bbabafefc9b.jpg

1959348705_71wjoB5yML._AC_SL1018_.jpg.7a6f73e7e6f7ff6fc4e47f4fd0904567.jpg

On 10/8/2021 at 8:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Dammit. lol I was ready to answer, "the answer to my question is yes", assuming that you didn't actually answer it. lol

:banana:

:roflmao:

But we are aligned on the thinking. The excessive comparisons detract from the general fun.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:49 AM, Bosco685 said:

But we are aligned on the thinking. The excessive comparisons detract from the general fun.

Imagine this: You didn't enjoy ZSJL because of your loyalty to the MCU.
Or this: You didn't enjoy Infinity War because of your loyalty to DC.
That's insane.

It would be like me not enjoying the KHL just because I'm a Red Wings fan. lol Enjoy the sport. Don't sell yourself to a brand name for nothing. Hel, don't sell yourself out to shill for a brand, either.

Look at the leaders of the brands, too. Feige doesn't diss on DC.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 10/8/2021 at 8:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Imagine this: You didn't enjoy ZSJL because of your loyalty to the MCU.
Or this: You didn't enjoy Infinity War because of your loyalty to DC.
That's insane.

It would be like me not enjoying the KHL just because I'm a Red Wings fan. lol Enjoy the sport. Don't sell yourself to a brand name for nothing. Hel, don't sell yourself out to shill for a brand, either.

Look at the leaders of the brands, too. Feige doesn't diss on DC.

It's not about loyalty. At least it didn't start that way for me. I gave the Zach Snyder DC universe movies a chance. I simply didn't like them beginning with Man of Steel, though I was pre-jaded because of my utter dislike of his Watchmen movie. I didn't like Batman v Superman that much. Suicide Squad was a disappointment. I hated the theatrical Justice League. Though Shazam seemed to be better accepted critically, I didn't like that movie, either. It's too much failure for me. I'm out.

Now my comic book investment portfolio is like 98% tied up in Marvel, so I root for their success. And I like their stories. Marvel tells good stories within a continuous universe. That's really what's important to me.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Loved Iron Man, liked Winter Soldier... I think GOTG is pure movie magic. Never commented on this thread until I actually watched the movie last night. Then I start reading back through this thread, and here comes the eye rolling...

There are obviously so many posters on here that run DC down to make themselves feel good when Marvel lays an egg. So I have a little fun with them... don't mind me, just kickin trolls while they're down. :whistle:

On 10/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, Joshua33 said:

There are obviously so many posters on here that run DC down to make themselves feel good when Marvel lays an egg. So I have a little fun with them... don't mind me, just kickin trolls while they're down. :whistle:

You're not wrong.

DC has some bad movies, and Marvel has some bad movies. Imagine if your sibling made a mistake, then your mom was like, "but you made a mistake last week". ??? How does that help you from making a mistake in the future...? It's whataboutism.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're not wrong.

DC has some bad movies, and Marvel has some bad movies. Imagine if your sibling made a mistake, then your mom was like, "but you made a mistake last week". ??? How does that help you from making a mistake in the future...? It's whataboutism.

Yep. They both make good ones and they both make stinkers. The stuff that extracts rebuttal from me, are the posters whom falsely glorify a bad film, giving it good reviews for all to see (knowing full well it sucked), because they're worried about the value of their TOS 52. It's sad and comical at the same time... not to mention dishonest. 

When met with difference of opinion throughout the thread, they then turn to the DC bashing in order to deflect. They then back up their falsely stated opinion with box office success statements. It would be funnier if it weren't so sad to begin with. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:28 AM, Joshua33 said:

As for all you trolls out there that continue to dog DC by citing Marvel's box office success... The Dark Knight and Watchmen can take a dump on any Marvel Movie ever made, mic drop, and walk away with a smirk. You know it, I know it. 

On the one hand, you're not wrong.

I think The Dark Knight and Watchmen are both top 5 all-time superhero movies - and each is better than at least 20 of the MCU films.

On the other hand, both came out more than 10 years ago.

That's the rub - and the source of my frustration with DC films as a whole.

The *only* really really good DC films since Watchmen have been The Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman.

Whereas in that same time period (2010-present) we've had a lot of really good superhero films from that other company. Namely:

• The Avengers
  • Iron Man 3
  • Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers: Infinity War

I fundamentally don't understand why we haven't yet seen a solid Green Lantern re-boot, a Justice League film that didn't suck (yes - that includes the Snyder cut), and two Flash films during that time period.

Even assuming they started in 2013 (with Man of Steel) vs. Marvel in 2008, Warner Brothers could *easily* have produced a solid half dozen additional great films over last 10 years.

Instead, we've got nearly a lost decade of 2013-2021, with literally more projects announced and abandoned than have actually seen filming.

That sucks.

But yes - Dark Knight and Watchmen alone trounce nearly the entire output of the MCU.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:43 PM, Gatsby77 said:

On the one hand, you're not wrong.

I think The Dark Knight and Watchmen are both top 5 all-time superhero movies - and each is better than at least 20 of the MCU films.

On the other hand, both came out more than 10 years ago.

That's the rub - and the source of my frustration with DC films as a whole.

The *only* really really good DC films since Watchmen have been The Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman.

Whereas in that same time period (2010-present) we've had a lot of really good superhero films from that other company. Namely:

• The Avengers
  • Iron Man 3
  • Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers: Infinity War

I fundamentally don't understand why we haven't yet seen a solid Green Lantern re-boot, a Justice League film that didn't suck (yes - that includes the Snyder cut), and two Flash films during that time period.

Even assuming they started in 2013 (with Man of Steel) vs. Marvel in 2008, Warner Brothers could *easily* have produced a solid half dozen additional great films over last 10 years.

Instead, we've got nearly a lost decade of 2013-2021, with literally more projects announced and abandoned than have actually seen filming.

That sucks.

But yes - Dark Knight and Watchmen alone trounce nearly the entire output of the MCU.

I think at this point you give yourself the experience that comes from these movies. And honestly, before I was tracking box office results it was you and one other I saw regularly weaponized such information due to your frustration.

Has WB Studios done a great job planning these films, linked or otherwise? Heck no! Even if they came out with a marketing campaign that stated "DC Multiverse: Where Anything Is Possible" it could build upon this that all these live and animated releases had some schema associated with them. That is where the MCU shines in have a plan that logically comes together, and they stay for the most part true to it.

But come on now. Man of Steel was an incredible experience seeing Superman take on true threats to his powers using modern CGI that enhanced the experience. Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, which should have been a theater release maybe with an intermission, was amazing. And with the Snyder Cut it was a fantastic experience.

But any time a DC movie or TV show pops up, I can always count on you are there with some of the earliest negative comments. It can't be a fun time for you with that mindset. Yet you think Iron Man 3 was a really good superhero film??