• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

833 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm still determined to try and see this Tuesday as a prescreen.

Never seen the first, although it IS on ABC tonight. Starting now at 6pm central.

Estimated 3 and a half ours itself lol

It's not what I thought, I presumed it was all blue people, here at the beginning I'm getting the gist.

I liked it alright, wasn't too deep, but then it didn't try that hard either. Just a popcorn movie today, I still feel obligated to follow up on the sequel.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I liked it alright, wasn't too deep, but then it didn't try that hard either. Just a popcorn movie today, I still feel obligated to follow up on the sequel.

Enjoy.  it's a popcorn movie.    haters will hate.  Booked 3d tickets for Christmas Eve.

I'm going to be exhausted, but I am first in line with about an hour until lights go down. I don't think they handed out near as many tickets this go around, there must be a LOT of critic "reserved seats!"

They're going to take up phones and bag to tag them preventing leaks, so after I get home in four hours :wavingwhiteflag:

It's in imax, I can only imagine the quality on a phone 🤳 haha, but thems the breaks 😂💯

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/11/2022 at 5:48 AM, ThothAmon said:

One time I told a state trooper “Jesus done it again” when the water in my cup holder turned out to be wine but to bring the dead back to life?  Cameron done it again. 

5A8396EC-9419-4DB5-8331-A581C873EFE1.jpeg

Sigourney may be voicing a new character, as in the credits she is called "Kiri".

Maybe the Colonel didn't die from the multiple arrows he received in the first movie?

Edited by Artboy99

On 12/14/2022 at 5:05 PM, Artboy99 said:

Sigourney may be voicing a new character, as in the credits she is called "Kiri".

Maybe the Colonel didn't die from the multiple arrows he received in the first movie?

Seeing it tomorrow but my guess is they become one with enya and come back as different characters. 

On 12/13/2022 at 11:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3d in imax was the way to go! Very well done, long but I didn't find myself wondering when it was over.

Realistic in that people ran out of bullets but still had no holds barred feel, in that everything is circumstances brought on that build on each other. Not a lot of being taken for granted! Just 3hours of anything could be hard, but I don't think it was tiresome and I hope the payoff is worth it for those who pony up the dough to see it!

Oh and they had stickers 🤣

IMG_20221213_224503124.jpg

On 12/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, ThothAmon said:

Seeing it tomorrow but my guess is they become one with enya and come back as different characters. 

Watching next weekend on Christmas Eve.  doing well on Rotten tomatoes.  I can't wait.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar_the_way_of_water

On 12/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, WolverineX said:

Watching next weekend on Christmas Eve.  doing well on Rotten tomatoes.  I can't wait.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar_the_way_of_water

No spoilers. My brother who I took with me had a full range of emotions, fr tears to cheers! And he can't swim nor likes the water, had a bad experience one time.

Are you set to see it in any kind of 3d? I hope it's IMAX, cause that was worth it imo, js

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No spoilers. My brother who I took with me had a full range of emotions, fr tears to cheers! And he can't swim nor likes the water, had a bad experience one time.

Are you set to see it in any kind of 3d? I hope it's IMAX, cause that was worth it imo, js

Yes 3d. Not sure about imax. Most seats have sold out Christmas weekend

On 12/16/2022 at 8:11 AM, ThothAmon said:

Watched it last night with the family and we all enjoyed it. Very pretty movie and definitely worthy of a trip to the cinema. Think a ThirdEye black light poster come to life.   While the story is enjoyable it is a little difficult to show much empathy knowing it’s just pixels. 

Lol ironic i thought the same, though "actors" who are pixalated nonetheless I thought the same.

Still I've had movies move me, but the blue accentuates the fiction of it. In a way I was able to enjoy the 3d without too much emotional recourse, as the 3d was well done :)

But due to the attempt of emotional, its hard to call it fun.

I think we've live a long time, but I won't say too long to enjoy lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM