• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

833 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Like the Disney-sponsored Eternals article with actors calling out it was going to be unlike other film before it.

Fan: What's unique?

Actor: It has actors and a --script!

Fan: And?

Actor: Did you not read ACTORS and a --script?! And we have villains too.

Fan: ???

It's kinda why I really dislike the whole, "hierarchy of power is changing!" BS from DJ. Hype is cool, but that transparent carp is so annoying to me.

I really liked Avatar when I walked out of the theater but upon second viewing at home later realized how terrible it was as a movie. And I don’t care about the whole ripping off Dances with Wolves storyline. The movie was great at tricking me into thinking it was good. I could write a book about all that is wrong with this. And to make matters worse, its from James F’n Cameron who made three of my favorite movies: The Terminator, Aliens and The Abyss (Directors Cut only).

On 3/16/2022 at 12:43 PM, ▫️ said:

I really liked Avatar when I walked out of the theater but upon second viewing at home later realized how terrible it was as a movie. And I don’t care about the whole ripping off Dances with Wolves storyline. The movie was great at tricking me into thinking it was good. I could write a book about all that is wrong with this. And to make matters worse, its from James F’n Cameron who made three of my favorite movies: The Terminator, Aliens and The Abyss (Directors Cut only).

Same. Saw it in IMAX and thought it was awesome. Visually, it was amazing. Second time watched it at home and didn’t hold up that well. 

After months, nay years, of suspense, Disney today unveiled the first trailer for James Cameron’s Avatar sequel, also giving the movie an official title. Now known as Avatar: The Way of Water, the 20th Century Studios sci-fi adventure releases overseas starting December 14 and heads to North America on December 16.

Producer Jon Landau came in from New Zealand to make the presentation on Avatar 2. 

“The journey across all four movies will create a connected saga,” said Landau, “To achieve our goals, we need a strong partnership with you and the studio…an end-to-end community.”

Cameron beamed and sympathized with exhibition about their closure during the pandemic, but he’s delivering something at the end of the year that must be seen in theaters.

CinemaCon delegates, donning their 3D glasses, gave an enthusiastic welcome to the return to Pandora with a first look at the teaser trailer for James Cameron’s sequel title Avatar the Way of Water, Wednesday during Disney’s slate presentation.

Producer Jon Landau was on hand, announcing plans to rerelease the original Avatar on Sept. 23, with restored picture and sound.

He reported that  the four sequels will be about Jake and Nyteri’s family — each a standalone film “together ever greater connected epic saga. We need to make sure they have an experience they can’t get anywhere else, and that needs to be exclusively in theaters.” The teaser trailer only will be initially released next week in theaters, ahead of Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madless.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wanna see Avatar and Endgame re-released every summer just to fight for #1. lol

Don't worry. Marvel Studios will release an updated version of Avengers: Endgame with even more deleted scenes of Professor Hulk working science equations.

It's going to be amazing! :insane:

On 4/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, Larryw7 said:

Does anyone really want a sequel to Avatar?

Yes.

Really, really enjoyed the first one. The CGI was amazing, and the story, whilst smothered in cheese, was enjoyable.

If this is of equal standard, I will be delighted.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, Larryw7 said:

I hope this movie brings about a 3D revival. I have a 4k projector with 3D, but there aren't many Blu-ray 3D movies being released lately.

I never was needing a sequel. But from all that show feedback on the teaser they reviewed, it implies we are in for something special.

:wishluck:

On 4/29/2022 at 12:34 AM, Larryw7 said:

Does anyone really want a sequel to Avatar?

Not really, that basic story didn’t leave me excited for more. The only saving grace was the special effects. Maybe this time around they actually put together an original screenplay to go along with those amazing visuals.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:11 PM, Larryw7 said:

I hope this movie brings about a 3D revival. I have a 4k projector with 3D, but there aren't many Blu-ray 3D movies being released lately.

The last (at home) 3D movie I saw was just horrible. It was the bad remake of the classic My Bloody Valentine. But the 3D tech was incredible for home. It wasn’t the old school red/blue cardboard glasses either. I watched it on Blu-ray and the effects didn’t seem to pop out at you but instead had some serious depth. One of the most amazing scenes to me wasn’t even an action or kill shot. It was someone walking through a supermarket and the depth shown of the rows was impressive enough for me to notice. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was like there was a hole in my wall and I was looking through it and into the next room.

Edited by ▫️

On 3/16/2022 at 6:43 PM, ▫️ said:

I'm waiting for a book from you and I bet 5 bucks that you will go to Avatar 2 in the movies in the premiere days =)

On 4/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, ▫️ said:

The last (at home) 3D movie I saw was just horrible. It was the bad remake of the classic My Bloody Valentine. But the 3D tech was incredible for home. It wasn’t the old school red/blue cardboard glasses either. I watched it on Blu-ray and the effects didn’t seem to pop out at you but instead had some serious depth. One of the most amazing scenes to me wasn’t even an action or kill shot. It was someone walking through a supermarket and the depth shown of the rows was impressive enough for me to notice. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was like there was a hole in my wall and I was looking through it and into the next room.

Really? You don't wear glasses?