• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

833 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 1:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

Really? You don't wear glasses?

I’m sorry, I didn’t explain that clearly. I mean’t it wasn’t the red and blue glasses. The Blu-ray came with a set of red and green glasses. 

On 4/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, ▫️ said:

The last (at home) 3D movie I saw was just horrible. It was the bad remake of the classic My Bloody Valentine. But the 3D tech was incredible for home. It wasn’t the old school red/blue cardboard glasses either. I watched it on Blu-ray and the effects didn’t seem to pop out at you but instead had some serious depth. One of the most amazing scenes to me wasn’t even an action or kill shot. It was someone walking through a supermarket and the depth shown of the rows was impressive enough for me to notice. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was like there was a hole in my wall and I was looking through it and into the next room.

Did you squeeze the Charmin?

On 4/29/2022 at 10:01 PM, BernadettePaige97 said:

I'm waiting for a book from you and I bet 5 bucks that you will go to Avatar 2 in the movies in the premiere days =)

Thank you on the book, it will be done this year. And you can keep your 5 bucks, Avatar 2 will not be playing in my country. But I will watch it when it streams. I’m flattered you joined these boards to reply to me though.

I legit forgot about this movie and so fell for this tweet when I saw the impressive shots and became very interested in seeing it...and five seconds later then realized the joke and that the movie was already sitting in my watch list :)

Honestly, whoever put that teaser trailer together should never make another trailer. Ever. The movie will be better than that of course but come on! Have they learned nothing from the Man of Steel teaser? 

I have no interest in this whatsoever. The first one bored me so much I fell asleep during it in the cinema. I am curious how much interest there still is in the property after all these years and why, as the characters were pretty generic, IMO. 

On 5/10/2022 at 2:06 PM, Cat said:

I have no interest in this whatsoever. The first one bored me so much I fell asleep during it in the cinema. I am curious how much interest there still is in the property after all these years and why, as the characters were pretty generic, IMO. 

My dad said that his generation will see it because, "James Cameron". I guess there was a movie in the 80's in which he used some 'revolutionary' visual techniques at the time, and then Avatar. Apparently he makes movies that look too cool for them to ignore. (shrug)

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/10/2022 at 2:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

My dad said that his generation will see it because, "James Cameron". I guess there was a movie in the 80's in which he used some 'revolutionary' visual techniques at the time, and then Avatar. Apparently he makes movies that look too cool for them to ignore. (shrug)

And this is modern fandom now. Who can one-up the other with zingers about how much they dislike something, and how what they like is so much better.

It is sad. But hey - MAKE MINE MARVEL! :insane:

On 5/10/2022 at 2:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but, the man does have a track record.  Not just for making movies that make a lot of money, but also making movies that audiences actually like.  And look good too.   There will probably be some drop off in interest given that Avatar came out over a decade ago, but even with that, it's going to be huge.  And if it's actually a good story...?  

That's my expectation, but then again, I understand he had something to do with the story for Terminator: Dark Fate, so, he's clearly not infallible.  

Honestly - screw James Cameron.

I think he's the worst example of "victim of his own success."

The man who literally revolutionized '80s and 90s action flicks with films like Terminator, Aliens, T2, The Abyss and True Lies...

And then had the misfortune to break all the records with Titanic, then Avatar.

I honestly think he's too terrified now to make a *normal* film that may not make $1.5 bn.+ at the box office - hence his not having made a finished film in 12 years.

Just annoys me because we've missed out on probably 3 really good films (including things like True Lies 2) with his decision to focus only on the "Avatar universe."

Even Spielberg and Nolan balance their tentpole blockbusters with their passion projects.

On the one hand, sure - his legacy is secure - he owes nothing to anyone and has every right to simply retire. On the other, 3-4 Avatar sequels? Really?

Imagine what he could have done with King Conan, or a Star Wars movie, or even a James Bond film in the interim.

But no - instead we get to wait 12 years for...Dances with Smurfs 2 - Waterworld.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:02 PM, Axelrod said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but, the man does have a track record.  Not just for making movies that make a lot of money, but also making movies that audiences actually like.  And look good too.   There will probably be some drop off in interest given that Avatar came out over a decade ago, but even with that, it's going to be huge.  And if it's actually a good story...?  

That's my expectation, but then again, I understand he had something to do with the story for Terminator: Dark Fate, so, he's clearly not infallible.  

Not sure why you think I would be joking?

Avatar may have looked cool in 2009, but the story was nothing unique, and it looks like white dog water today.

I don't expect this movie to have a strong -script. I expect it to distract audiences by being 'realistic' CGI, which only looks good to me if it serves the story, which again I doubt will be strong.