Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

What are some of the undervalued key issues from Bronze age?  I have these on my watchlist and my thinking behind them

- 1979 Marvel Premiere #47.  Scott Lang 1st app as Ant-man.  Post Infinity-War, MCU will likely focus on a new core of Avengers, it appears Ant-man will be a regular.

- 1976 Nova #1.  This is Nova 1st app, since MCU is going cosmic and Infinity War is bound to introduce Rich Rider after Thanos destroyed Xander, potentially a Nova solo movie in the near future?

- 1980 X-Men 129.  1st of Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde.  Two of the most influential female character in the X-Men universe.

what's on your list?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All 3 I’d those have had run-ups.  MP47 was awhile ago (when the AM movie came out).

Xmen 129 most recently.  Might be a little meat still left on the bone.  I’d say it’s got the biggest potential of the 3 as they are the first apps of some pretty major characters.

Nova?  There are too many “more important” cosmic characters.  If it’s cheap, maybe pick up and hope for a movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blahposh said:

What are some of the undervalued key issues from Bronze age?  I have these on my watchlist and my thinking behind them

- 1979 Marvel Premiere #47.  Scott Lang 1st app as Ant-man.  Post Infinity-War, MCU will likely focus on a new core of Avengers, it appears Ant-man will be a regular.

- 1976 Nova #1.  This is Nova 1st app, since MCU is going cosmic and Infinity War is bound to introduce Rich Rider after Thanos destroyed Xander, potentially a Nova solo movie in the near future?

- 1980 X-Men 129.  1st of Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde.  Two of the most influential female character in the X-Men universe.

what's on your list?

Marvel has squeezed every dime out of every obscure character.

Your question followed by Marvel only books in your list seems to be the crux of the problem.

Expand your horizons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, blahposh said:

What are some of the undervalued key issues from Bronze age?  I have these on my watchlist and my thinking behind them

- 1979 Marvel Premiere #47.  Scott Lang 1st app as Ant-man.  Post Infinity-War, MCU will likely focus on a new core of Avengers, it appears Ant-man will be a regular.

- 1976 Nova #1.  This is Nova 1st app, since MCU is going cosmic and Infinity War is bound to introduce Rich Rider after Thanos destroyed Xander, potentially a Nova solo movie in the near future?

- 1980 X-Men 129.  1st of Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde.  Two of the most influential female character in the X-Men universe.

what's on your list?

In answer to the original question, those issues are very common.

You could target something more exotic and off most people's radar. For example, try finding a Marvel Team-Up #1 in 9.8 W.  It isn't the fiirst appearance of any character but I think collectors need to think beyond that now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, World Devourer said:

You could target something more exotic and off most people's radar. For example, try finding a Marvel Team-Up #1 in 9.8 W.  It isn't the fiirst appearance of any character but I think collectors need to think beyond that now.

Collectors do. A speculator would have to be even dumber than the average speculator to think buying random non-keys will ever make any money for them.

3 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Strange Tales #181 - 1st FULL appearance of Gamora. 180 is just a cameo and her name isn't revealed until 181.

The CGC label makers should really read the series

The writers of CGC's issue notes should read a lot more comics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Collectors do. A speculator would have to be even dumber than the average speculator to think buying random non-keys will ever make any money for them.

The writers of CGC's issue notes should read a lot more comics.

Well, there are collectors and there are collectors. Being savvy is something else again.

"Dumb" is a harsh word but it happens, a la the prices paid for WWBN #32 in 9.8. Those people will never see their money back. 

Rarity can work for anyone if they make intelligent choices. It isn't always about first appearances.

Edited by World Devourer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It hurts my feelings that you guys don't like MP 47. I love AntMan. I bought a MP 47 in 9.8 WP for like $550.00. (I seem to be the only one dumb enough to say what I actually spent on certain comics.)

I was hoping to sell if for 3k by the time of the new AntMan movie and finally say good bye to all you 4th graders. Come to think of it I have a 9.2 pedigree one, too. Some kinda pedigree up in Canada, the Montatumbo pedigree or something. I gotta a COA to prove to ya'll  

 

Yeah, I just checked GPA, another colossal NoMan failure.  Good thing I like these comics

Edited by NoMan
Checked GPA (in hind-sight, of course) for guaranteed bummer factor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been seeking reasonably priced copies of Vampire Tales #2 (first Satana) for a little while now, but I think it might have caught on with other folks as well. Graded copies are priced way, way above of what you'd might expect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NoMan said:

It hurts my feelings that you guys don't like MP 47. I love AntMan. I bought a MP 47 in 9.8 WP for like $550.00. (I seem to be the only one dumb enough to say what I actually spent on certain comics.)

I was hoping to sell if for 3k by the time of the new AntMan movie and finally say good bye to all you 4th graders. Come to think of it I have a 9.2 pedigree one, too. Some kinda pedigree up in Canada, the Montatumbo pedigree or something. I gotta a COA to prove to ya'll  

 

Yeah, I just checked GPA, another colossal NoMan failure.  Good thing I like these comics

Ant-Man probably has the worst rep of any Marvel superhero movie recently. Ant-Man 2 is coming out this summer and there is absolutely no buzz about it. Aquaman has more buzz.

With that said I thought the MP 47 was a cool take on Ant-Man and enjoyed the Ant-Man movie. Hopefully Ant-Man 2 changes the perception of Ant-Man.

 

 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Brian48 said:

I've been seeking reasonably priced copies of Vampire Tales #2 (first Satana) for a little while now, but I think it might have caught on with other folks as well. Graded copies are priced way, way above of what you'd might expect. 

Yeah, not to long ago you could find these in random lots of magazines, sitting unnoticed. Not the case anymore. I think the Starlord/Rocket Racoon combo got everyone looking through the b&w line to see what other 1st appearances were hidden away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mjolnir! said:

Ms. Marvel #1 is a book I believe is still undervalued. 

Eventually Marvel will feature their first female super-heroine movie and my bet is, it will be Ms. Marvel.

I'll take that bet... I'd put money on Captain Marvel being Marvel's "first female super-heroine movie".

I'll also bet that they cast Brie Larson in the role and release the movie on March 8, 2019.

Just a hunch...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8