• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Last DC Newsstand Issues
2 2

128 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2022 at 4:37 AM, jdandns said:

Could the title have been a newsstand title for just those last 6 months of the Volume 1 run?

Definitely. Was it? Maybe. (shrug)

On 11/24/2022 at 4:37 AM, jdandns said:

Did all regular Marvel Superheroes titles get newsstand editions in 2005?

Marvel lost any consistency they had in the 90s.

On 11/24/2022 at 4:59 PM, Lazyboy said:

Definitely. Was it? Maybe. (shrug)

Marvel lost any consistency they had in the 90s.

That was one of the nice things about DC.   Total consistency on release of newsstand issues.   As started before, I was able to find all "newsstand" issues in the titles of Batman, Detective, Superman and Action from inception of Direct sales until the last newsstand issues were produced.  

On 11/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

That was one of the nice things about DC.   Total consistency on release of newsstand issues. 

lol No. No.

They weren't Marvel, but they also started and/or stopped newsstand distribution in the middle of runs and had titles that never had newsstand distribution.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

As started before, I was able to find all "newsstand" issues in the titles of Batman, Detective, Superman and Action from inception of Direct sales until the last newsstand issues were produced.  

I'm sure Marvel also had major titles with no inconsistencies, but individual titles are not full company outputs.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:28 PM, Venom80 said:

@Cpt Kirk Were you able to locate a Superman New 52 #8?

Were there newsstands of Action Comics when it went to 'Weekly' for issues #601-642?

Are there no confirmed newsstands of Catwoman and/or Supergirl during Rebirth?

Yes, I was able to find Superman New 52 #8.   That was the last one I needed.

I never seen a newsstand issue of "Action Comics Weekly".

I did not try to collect Rebirth Catwoman or Supergirl newsstand issues, so I can't say for sure whether or not they did not get published in newsstand format. According to the following article, it appears as if they didn't come out in newsstand format:

https://comichron.com/blog/2018/02/09/end-of-era-last-dc-newsstand-issues/

p.s.  The mainstream DC issues such as Batman and Superman all had newsstand issues up until the end, including the "zero issues", "1,000,000" issues, "23.1 issues" and "Future's End" issues.  To best of my knowledge, the only issues that didn't come out in newsstand were 23.2, 23.3, 23.4 and issues such as the "Batman 1 Rebirth", which were specially released previews prior to launch of the Rebirth series.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 12/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

Yes, I was able to find Superman New 52 #8.   That was the last one I needed.

I never seen a newsstand issue of "Action Comics Weekly".

I did not try to collect Rebirth Catwoman or Supergirl newsstand issues, so I can't say for sure whether or not they did not get published in newsstand format. According to the following article, it appears as if they didn't come out in newsstand format:

https://comichron.com/blog/2018/02/09/end-of-era-last-dc-newsstand-issues/

p.s.  The mainstream DC issues such as Batman and Superman all had newsstand issues up until the end, including the "zero issues", "1,000,000" issues, "23.1 issues" and "Future's End" issues.  To best of my knowledge, the only issues that didn't come out in newsstand were 23.2, 23.3, 23.4 and issues such as the "Batman 1 Rebirth", which were specially released previews prior to launch of the Rebirth series.

Thanks! All of your info has been very helpful for me trying to catalog everything.