• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's CONAN THE BARBARIAN Show
5 5

100 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Such classic tales like 'Red Nails', Tower of the Elephant, Black Colossus, Rogues in the House, Queen of the Black Coast :x, 'People of the Black Circle,' Hour of the Dragon, ' Frost Giant's Daughter"! Then bring on King Kull to tv please. :wishluck:

Would love to see this, but I personally don't think they'll have the balls to adapt Red Nails or Frost Giant's Daughter without neutering  it a bit given the sexual overtones mixed with graphic violence.

Then again, we did get Starz Spartacus so you never know.

On ‎2018‎/‎02‎/‎06 at 3:35 PM, the blob said:

One problem with Conan is that there aren't that many characters. Maybe in the last half of the comic run there were some more supporting characters, but in the first 100 or so issues you have Red Sonja and Belit. Conan beheading some monster every episode may get boring if he has nobody to share his adventures with.

It is true, but Conan has always worked best when he is solo in my opinion. As to a cast of supporting characters, the only time I liked it in movies/TV was in the first Arnold movie because it was well written.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, Brian48 said:

Would love to see this, but I personally don't think they'll have the balls to adapt Red Nails or Frost Giant's Daughter without neutering  it a bit given the sexual overtones mixed with graphic violence.

There is no reason they can't do a decent Conan TV show. CGI monsters don't cost that much anymore to make. They may need to be a little less sexist/damsel in distress or suffer some backlash.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, Brian48 said:

That first season was up there with Game of Thrones. 

From Amazon to Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has put in development an epic live-action series based on Conan, the iconic sword-and-sorcery character created by writer Robert E. Howard, I have learned.

I hear the project, from Fredrik Malmberg and Mark Wheeler’s Pathfinder Media, is the first in a deal between Netflix and Conan Properties International, owned by Malmberg’s Cabinet Entertainment. The pact gives Netflix the exclusive option to acquire rights to the Conan literary library and develop works across TV and film, both live-action and animated.

The move would fit into Netflix’s strategy of acquiring globally recognizable IP to build an universe of films and TV series, including Roald Dahl’s novels, The Chronicles of Narnia books and comics publisher Millarworld.

A search is currently underway for a writer/showrunner to pen the Conan adaptation and director to helm the project. Malmberg and Wheeler will serve as executive producers on the potential series through their Pathfinder Media.

VERY excited for this with Conan being my favourite comic character. 

During lockdown I had plenty of free time and was able to re-read Conan 1-275 and SSOC 1-235.

If done properly,  they have lots of great story lines they can use.

And as @Artboy99 said, Conan does work better solo. 

But Conan does have a great supporting cast with Belit, Zulu, Valeria and Red Sonja among others that I would love to see in the series as occasional guest stars.

5 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

VERY excited for this with Conan being my favourite comic character. 

During lockdown I had plenty of free time and was able to re-read Conan 1-275 and SSOC 1-235.

If done properly,  they have lots of great story lines they can use.

And as @Artboy99 said, Conan does work better solo. 

But Conan does have a great supporting cast with Belit, Zulu, Valeria and Red Sonja among others that I would love to see in the series as occasional guest stars.

Agreed!

and I am jealous, I wish I had time to re-read my Conan 1-275 and SSOC 1-235

Edited by Artboy99

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Agreed!

and I am jealous, I wish I had time to re-read my Conan 1-275 and SSOC 1-235

Unfortunately they way things are going up here, you may get that down time. Montreal is going back into the Red Zone at midnight tonight - meaning bars, restaurants, movie theaters and museums are closed. Restaurants can do take out. No visitors to your home for 28 days and other restrictions. People around here can't follow the rules thus the semi lockdown - ugh

3 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Unfortunately they way things are going up here, you may get that down time. Montreal is going back into the Red Zone at midnight tonight - meaning bars, restaurants, movie theaters and museums are closed. Restaurants can do take out. No visitors to your home for 28 days and other restrictions. People around here can't follow the rules thus the semi lockdown - ugh

I work in a bank for the day job so I see a dozen clients every day and the way this virus is spreading I am worried.

I believe another lock down will happen here in Alberta as well, but it still means I work 5 days a week ( essential service ).

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I work in a bank for the day job so I see a dozen clients every day and the way this virus is spreading I am worried.

I believe another lock down will happen here in Alberta as well, but it still means I work 5 days a week ( essential service ).

We have a CIBC in the building that I work in and that branch was closed from the end of March until about 2 weeks ago. They are now open but they have coupled with another branch and the staff rotate between branches every 2 weeks. One staff works 2 weeks at 1 of the branches while the other branch is closed and 1 branch’s staff is off. Their thinking is not to get an entire branch infected thus having to close both branches. Strange as no other banks have been doing this.

34 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

We have a CIBC in the building that I work in and that branch was closed from the end of March until about 2 weeks ago. They are now open but they have coupled with another branch and the staff rotate between branches every 2 weeks. One staff works 2 weeks at 1 of the branches while the other branch is closed and 1 branch’s staff is off. Their thinking is not to get an entire branch infected thus having to close both branches. Strange as no other banks have been doing this.

RBC did here in Edmonton. Multiple branches closed and all the staff work in rotating shifts at the few that remained open

Slowly they have all reopened.