• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OLD SCHOOL COMIC SHOW, Concord, New Hampshire

48 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2018 at 10:56 AM, Jerkfro said:

I wasn't able to attend but I heard from someone who was in attendance that the turnout was gangbusters. Can anyone here confirm? I also heard (negatively so) that the venue was incredibly cold. 

I'm wishing now that I could have gone.

Turnout was strong.  Way busier than I expected.  Opening line up to get in went pretty much all the way around the building, although it moved quickly.  Didn't seem too cold to me on show day, but I always carry at least a light jacket through June or so anyway :blush:

On 5/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Pontoon said:

I wore a light jacket; the line getting in took about 20 mins. Kept it on inside and was comfortable all day; I left about 2:00.

I didn’t buy much, not flush with mad money at the moment, but there were tons of great books. There were two copies of TOS #1 and TTA #1 in the room; Ted has his usual great wall display and Terry’s had tons of HTF books packed into a small area. I was surprised to see Filter set up (with typical fancy Filter books). Dave and Adam's were there, as was the legendary Jim Payette along with smaller local sellers. I’d like to see a show like this quarterly or bi-annually.

There were TONS of great books, and I was out of money within barely an hour :p

I believe I saw on Little Giant's Facebook they've already reserved the arena for same time next year, so I'm gonna need to start saving now if year #2 is as good as this year was.

I am planning to go to smaller comic events, if the promoters don't panic and cancel them.
Emerald City Comic convention was cancelled, due to fear of virus spread.
My thoughts about many larger Conventions were they have become Pop culture shows rather than Comic Cons.
    I had, even before all this panic, decided to set-up at more and more small comic focused shows.
This April I will again set up at the   Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show preceded by the Philadelphia Comic Convention.
this is my show schedule for the near future and they are all smaller shows.
  San Fernando Valley Comic Book Convention: 22nd March at the Valencia Hyatt Regency, Valencia, CA.

Berkeley Comic Show: April 4th at the Berkeley Adult School, Berkeley, CA.

I Wonder Con  : April 7 -8th at the Comic Book Hideout, Fullerton, CA. Alternative to WonderCon!

Philadelphia Comic Convention: Sunday April 19th at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center, in Essington, PA.

Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show: April 25th at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH

If you are brave enough to attend one of these and have some wants please let me know.

I have over 60,000 comics in inventory at http://terryscomics.com/
 I will only have a few boxes of my inventory at most of these events so please give me requests.

Best Regards                            
                Terry O'Neill                                 
                   Terry's Comics

TC_logo_2015_504px.jpg.fc15bad8bb2064737962656e0aa21a9d.jpg

Edited by TerrysComics
update dates

Terry's Comics is planning to be setting up at:  Little Giant OLD SCHOOL COMIC SHOW,

Our next show is on track for Saturday, April 24, 2021 at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH. 

What is an "Old School" Comic Show...?

Just Comics, Artists & Art...

Do you remember COMIC BOOK shows from back in the day? With nothing but COMIC BOOKS and COMIC BOOK ARTISTS as far as the eye could see? Nothing to get in the way of the thrill of the hunt? No washed up Movie Stars, No retired Wrestlers or Sports guys.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good POP CULTURE CON , but I prefer not to have to navigate through FAKE LEGOS, Tables of T-Shirts & Flea Market Fodder to get to my COMIC BOOKS! ...Nor do I want to join in light-sabre training or participate in a "Pirate Parade" or contest of any kind! There are plenty of shows like that... I just want COMIC BOOKS, COMIC BOOK ART & COMIC BOOK ARTISTS!
Also, I think it's high time that the COMIC ARTIST gets top billing... They're the one's who created this culture we love so much! This show is about them and the magic they create! 

Little_Giant_2021.thumb.png.26d5cab8d6a0fa7818e9e072a4cd63b6.png