• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Big of an Issue is SCS?

4 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Danny Zampella said:

I just sent my first submissions in to CGC, I’m brand new at this. I’ve been reading over the boards as much as I could. I’m curious as to how much SCS/crooked in the slab I Should expect if I become a regular submitter.

"Shaken Comic Syndrome"?

From CGC, I'm not concerned about it. If this happens to you, it is most likely because you bought a slab from a private sale and the packaging was poor. Then you have to ask yourself, is it damaged? If so, return it and get a refund. If it is not damaged, are you more concerned with the presentation within the slab or the protection of the slab and what is on the label. 

On 2/14/2018 at 5:24 AM, mschmidt said:

SCS was an issue with the previous generation of slabs - I've yet to encounter it in the new slabs. I wouldn't worry.

Still happens. :tonofbricks:

Mostly pulling cover away at staples, can tap the case on the side with staples down, and put the book back into place. But sadly, you know the book that was submitted was a finer version than what you have now, after spending extra money to “preserve” a copy only to get it with SCS.....Seriously depressing. 

39F961A9-B1D8-41DB-88B1-5AEC50C628BE.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Added photo