• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

Just watched the first season. Absolutely great (Zabka with the beard made him look a lot like Pete Townsend as well as a lot wiser, shame he shaved it off) acting from Zabka and Macchio, and the intersecting plotlines with "the next generation" was absolutely superb as well (and not diving into classic tropes or cliches, which is even better!).

28 minutes ago, Skylath said:

Wow, the finale to season two and what happens to Miguel and Lawrence was mind blowingly good, and added more dimensions to each character. I haven't been impressed by writing on a show as I have on this one for a while. (worship)

I watched Season 2 Episode 1, and really liked it. This show is fantastic how it makes an old story so fresh. :banana:

10 hours ago, Skylath said:

Wow, the finale to season two and what happens to Miguel and Lawrence was mind blowingly good, and added more dimensions to each character. I haven't been impressed by writing on a show as I have on this one for a while. (worship)

You were not kidding about that finale. What a cliffhanger.

Overall, another solid season. And you can see how this can lead to Season 3.

:applause:

So after finishing up the season all I can say is "What the heck?  Please tell me this gets renewed for season 3."

I don't know if it is the nostalgia for the 80s (graduated from HS in 1989, so I am an 80s kid big time) or what but wow I really enjoy this show. 

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

So after finishing up the season all I can say is "What the heck?  Please tell me this gets renewed for season 3."

I don't know if it is the nostalgia for the 80s (graduated from HS in 1989, so I am an 80s kid big time) or what but wow I really enjoy this show. 

It has been renewed (thumbsu

Cobra Kai has switched networks.

“Cobra Kai” is leaving YouTube Premium for a new home at Netflix ahead of the show’s third season, Variety has learned.

Under the terms of the deal, the first two seasons of the series will be available on Netflix later this year. The premiere date for Season 3 will be announced at a later date. News of the move comes 36 years to the day after the premiere of the first “Karate Kid” film. The film grossed over $90 million when it was first released and landed an Oscar nomination for Pat Morita as Mr. Miyagi. It ultimately inspired an additional three sequel, a short-lived animated series, and a 2010 film reboot starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan.

“The appeal of ‘The Karate Kid’ saga is timeless, and ‘Cobra Kai’ picks up right where it left off without missing a beat,” said Brian Wright, vice president of original series at Netflix. “The rivalry between Daniel and Johnny is one for the ages, and the show has a ton of heart and is a lot of fun. We can’t wait to introduce a new generation of fans to Cobra Kai and are thrilled to be its new home around the world.”