• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Even more fun as the tension between Daniel, Johnny and John Kreese intensified more. To include revisiting old issues in philosophies (a little teaser).

Ok, I'll have to give it a go then.

3 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

That still doesn't tell me when Season 3 drops!!!  Damnit Bosco I need this info!  Stat!  Stat means now people!

:roflmao:

I bet Netflix is going to milk the anticipation for a little while. Including pushing the original movies to get those mileage out of those as well.

Although no release date has been set for season three of The Karate Kid revival series Cobra Kai, it won’t be delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Karate Kid hit theaters in 1984 to critical and commercial success. It even earned Pat Morita an Academy Award nomination for his role as mentor Mr. Miyagi. Three sequels followed in 1986, 1989 and in 1994. The film was also remade in 2010 with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan in leading roles

Netflix Has Taken ‘Cobra Kai’ From Obscure Hit To The #1 Show In America

The Netflix effect is very real, and its latest acquisition has elevated the profile of a show that debuted in 2018, and made it the most popular series in the US right now. That would be Cobra Kai, which started as a YouTube Red (now YouTube Premium) original series and ran for two seasons before YouTube realized that original shows weren’t exactly a priority for it, and Netflix recognized its potential.

Netflix didn’t just buy the streaming rights to the series, they bought the entire series, and are now branding it as a Netflix original on the service, and season 3 is coming under their banner in 2021.

Cobra Kai is a decades-later sequel to the Karate Kid movies, an extremely self-aware, clever series starring the original main cast members, William Zabka and Ralph Macchio, all grown up and retaining their fierce rivalry. The series is beloved by critics and fans alike, as it’s rocking a 94% on RottenTomatoes among critics and a 96% audience score there.

:banana:

I am really enjoying it and 1/2 thur 2nd season.

My only slight knock is either of those guys are in decent shape. 
At least Zabka makes an effort Macchio is terrible. But I can
overlook that for a couple guys in their mid to late 50s and I am 
relieving my teenage years watching this show.

Now when is Elisabeth Shue coming to the show? :cloud9:

Edited by fastballspecial

What a heap of fun.

Very pleasantly surprised with season 1 - on to season 2 now.

Nice mix of flashbacks and music without getting overly reliant on the old movie to drive the story forward - people could still enjoy this without seeing Karate Kid (although they should watch it first)

Got a bit 'teary' during the Mr Miyagi (Pat Morita) tribute - but in a nice way. Classy touch.

This was one of those  'don't remake a classic' movies - but to my surprise and enjoyment, the series format suited it well.

Season 1   9/10

Should have stopped at season 1

Kreese being introduced has totally ruined it.

Season 2

3/10