• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

I don't know if there is spoilers in this thread but I just finished watching season 1 and 2 and I'm glad they rebooted this, and the popularity of the show is really cool. 

When I was a kid Martin Kove and William Zabka were evil but its nice to follow them on Twitter ect and see pics of them and Ralph Macchio.

I think season 3 they might go to Okinawa

Netflix’s Lucifer retained its top spot in Nielsen’s streaming rankings, with the show revived by the streaming service No. 1 for the week of August 24-30 with more than 2 billion minutes viewed.

Another Netflix series that has migrated from elsewhere, the former YouTube drama Cobra Kai, debuts in the weekly rankings at No. 2 with 1.4 billion minutes viewed — this despite the Sony Pictures TV-produced drama being available for only three days during the measured week.

Cobra Kai, the follow-on to the Karate Kid franchise, debuted its first two seasons on Netflix on August 28. The streamer took over the series starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, which takes place 30 years after the events of the original movie, and will release Season 3 in 2021.

This week’s data includes metrics for Amazon, Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu though all of the top 10 shows are from Netflix, with a mix of library and fresh series. The Office, The Legend of Korra and The Umbrella Academy round out the top five.

The rankings are based on the amount of minutes consumed by subscribers in the U.S., so it doesn’t count international numbers. Most shows retained their spots in the top 10 week over week, with Cobra Kai joined as newcomer by the toddler series Cocomelon.

Here’s this week’s top 10, per Nielsen, with episodes available on Netflix and total streaming minutes:

1. Lucifer (75) 2.01B
2. Cobra Kai (20) 1.43B
3. The Office (192) 192.9M
4. The Legend of Korra (52) 808M
5. The Umbrella Academy (20) 758M
6. Grey’s Anatomy (361) 703M
7. Criminal Minds (277) 671M
8. Shameless (121) 637M
9. NCIS (353) 527M
10. Cocomelon (3) 336M

As much as I love the series so far, this trailer is.. not good. No idea what they want to do in Season 3 other than rehab Diego. I hope there’s a great story with purpose and not the usual “we have to make more because of former success” model. The first season was much better than the second. I hope that trend doesn’t carry over to the third.

40 minutes ago, sd2416 said:

I wonder what surgeon they are going to bring into fix Diego's back?  hm Could it be one that was mentioned early in season 2?

You already know it. She expressed interest in an interview and said no one called her yet. That was a while ago. I’m sure that call was made soon after.

Also, much like the two 80’s leads, she aged very well and would fit right back in. 

Edited by Grails

Everyone is excited to move into 2021 next week, and Netflix has now given us yet another reason to celebrate the arrival of the new year. The highly-anticipated third season of Cobra Kai was scheduled to be released on Netflix on January 8th, just a little over a week into 2021, but now we're not even going to have to wait that long. On Thursday morning, as a bit of an early Christmas present, Netflix announced that the new episodes of Cobra Kai will actually be released a full week earlier than initially planned.

That's right, everyone gets to ring in the new year with the Karate Kid. Season 3 of Cobra Kai will now debut on Netflix on January 1, 2021. All 10 episodes of the new season will drop at once, making for a great New Year's Day binge.

Netflix made the announcement with a video of William Zabka's Johnny Lawrence trying to figure out the Internet, so that he could release the third season of Cobra Kai to the fans as early as possible. Also released was a written message from Johnny, who is clearly excited to help everyone out, as long as they can keep a secret.

"QUIET! I heard you all whining about Season 3 taking forever. So I called the pawn shop and the guy walked me through this Netflix thing. Dude knows his stuff. Now you get it a week early. See you Jan 1, nerds."

:banana: