• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, 1950's war comics said:

@Cushing Fan, i thought the guy top right was Cushing at first glance ,. but i guess it is not according to the cover , sure looks like him though

famous 19031.jpg

Basil Rathbone and Peter Cushing indeed had a similar look - which explains how they both became well known for playing Sherlock Holmes as their features resemblance to the original drawings of Holmes by Sidney Paget. Unfortunately Cushing and Rathbone never got to work together  - they were scheduled to do so in the film The Blood Beast Terror (Cushing plays a Holmes type investigator and Rathbone was to play the mad doctor) but Rathbone fell ill and died before production. 

Edited by Cushing Fan

the cover artwork on this issue is great , it is as if the cover has been airbrushed , just like they did the model

and i like the extra touch of the glue spilling out , that is how it was for me too when i was doing models as a kid... glue and glue fingerprints everywhere lol 

also Franky has his tongue hanging out in concentration ! that is how i did it too !!

scan0188.jpg

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 1/28/2023 at 8:12 AM, 1950's war comics said:

i had that issue too ! but i sold off almost all my MADS in one lot when i was off work during covid (no regrets as i have way too much stuff)

Back in the early 2000's I traded my collection of Mad Mag's, including #94, for a copy of Flash #108. I sold my copy of Flash #108, for unknown reasons back in 2016, and instantly regretted it. However, I found a nice batch of a dozen  Mad's at an antique shop about 6 years ago, including #94, and bought those. Then to complete the story/search I found and purchased another copy of Flash #108 about a year and a half ago. 

On 2/26/2023 at 6:46 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a genus at telling stories of the macabre ! unfortunately also a very heavy smoker who passed away at the way to early age of 50

Hollywood Flashback: When Rod Serling Entered 'The Twilight Zone'

I love Twilight Zone‼️👍👏