• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel’s MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR (TBD)
1 1

34 posts in this topic

DWg0u8DUQAA2h2j.jpg

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Are Heading to TV

Marvel TV today revealed that “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” (working title) is in development. Based on the hit comic book series, the animated project follows the adventures of nine-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette, an African-America girl who teams up with her crimson-colored dinosaur and uses her smarts to save the day. Lunella, A.K.A. Moon Girl, was created by Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder, and Natacha Bustos in 2015—and the world’s smartest person hasn’t looked back since!

“Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur” is being produced by Marvel Animation and Cinema Gypsy Productions (Laurence Fishburne and Helen Sugland, producers of “black-ish” and “grown-ish”) with visual and animation development services by Titmouse, Inc. The animated project is in consideration for a Disney Channels Worldwide series.

57 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Kirby's creations continue to make Hollywood money.

And this is the secret Marvel project Laurence Fishburne had shared in the news recently that he noted would be announced soon. I didn't realize he was involved with 'black-ish'.

14 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Why do they have to continually screw with classic stuff? Ridiculous. 

Because other than Devil Dinosaur it doesn't have anything to do with the original series from what I understand.

3 hours ago, Transplant said:

Because other than Devil Dinosaur it doesn't have anything to do with the original series from what I understand.

Then why not just create something new? If you use DD and change everything else it dilutes and cheapens the original concept. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

3 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Then why not just create something new? If you use DD and change everything else it dilutes and cheapens the original concept. 

:roflmao:

17 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

So you don't like the Kirby series, eh? 

It's just a bad argument.  It's like saying because Power Man and Iron Fist were a duo, that neither one could ever team up with someone else.

On 21/02/2018 at 1:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

And this is the secret Marvel project Laurence Fishburne had shared in the news recently that he noted would be announced soon. I didn't realize he was involved with 'black-ish'.

Well he plays the grandfather and I remember his name credited as an exec producer... could be wrong.

28 minutes ago, bane said:

Well he plays the grandfather and I remember his name credited as an exec producer... could be wrong.

I never caught the executive producer credits with the few episodes I have seen.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I never caught the executive producer credits with the few episodes I have seen.

It’s a good show for light entertainment, I watch that and The Goldbergs.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I sympathize with you but there is a place for things that never change (museums). These characters have to live and that means adapting them to new media and new times. Take Cumberbatches turn at Sherlock. In any event, I expect the series will be full of little nods to the source material. Looking forward to watching this one with my daughter.

21 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I sympathize with you but there is a place for things that never change (museums). These characters have to live and that means adapting them to new media and new times. Take Cumberbatches turn at Sherlock. In any event, I expect the series will be full of little nods to the source material. Looking forward to watching this one with my daughter.

And being an animated series about a young girl, this is most probably going to be the target audience. General family viewers, but especially with young girls. Smart move.

It wouldn't work if you had the original Moon Boy, who looks like a modern human guy dressed in a costume store gorilla suit.  For me, one of the more ridiculous ideas in the very enjoyable original series.

The modern series is an interesting alternative take.