• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When do I press a comic?!?!?!?

6 posts in this topic

Hey all this seems like a hot debate and it always get side tracked. I am very new to collecting comics. For the most part I have just been collecting random side characters because it was fun. Randomly felt the need to buy my most desired comic with the Hulk 181 (yipeeeee). However, I need to get it graded. It seems to be a beautiful comic with the exception of the spine curling a little. From what I understand this should definitely be pressed. I do not mind throwing in the extra money if it can help but I literally have no idea how to determine what is the correct thing to do. Trolls appreciated and useful information as well. Thanks!

1 hour ago, DuntDuh said:

Thank you for the input guys. I just have anxiety about pressing and grading a comic for the first time. I think I will do the prescreen just to be sure its necessary. Thank you again!

You are understably anxious.  You can call CCS and have them walk you through the process a bit

15 hours ago, DuntDuh said:

Hey all this seems like a hot debate and it always get side tracked. I am very new to collecting comics. For the most part I have just been collecting random side characters because it was fun. Randomly felt the need to buy my most desired comic with the Hulk 181 (yipeeeee). However, I need to get it graded. It seems to be a beautiful comic with the exception of the spine curling a little. From what I understand this should definitely be pressed. I do not mind throwing in the extra money if it can help but I literally have no idea how to determine what is the correct thing to do. Trolls appreciated and useful information as well. Thanks!

A couple of things:

If you're new to collecting, you should have bought a CGC graded copy. Does your book have the MVS stamp?  Did you count the pages?  Does it have color touch?  If there glue reinforcing the spine?  If it's such a "beautiful comic", why didn't the seller have it professionally pressed and graded to maximize his profit?

Welcome to the Boards!