• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance: Batman who laughs???

126 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Desmo850 said:

So what’s it going to take to get DC to officially declare which issue is BMWL’s 1st appearance...(shrug) 

Yes.

As an aside, some of the prices being paid for TT12 are, in my opinion (and with English reserve), quite too high; especially if CGC determines that DNM2 is the first BWL appearance and TT12 is the first BWL full appearance (although, of course, a first full appearance designation will hopefully lead to TT12 retaining similar value).

Well, as (edit) I previously wrote, where are those copies of TT12-by the time I find them they will be worth $1-and we shall C ..GC (I know, it was bad the first time I wrote it).

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
"... as I previously wrote ..."

6 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Yes.

As an aside, some of the prices being paid for TT12 are, in my opinion (and with English reserve), quite too high; especially if CGC determines that DNM2 is the first BWL appearance and TT12 is the first BWL full appearance (although, of course, a first full appearance designation will hopefully lead to TT12 retaining similar value).

Well, as (edit) I previously wrote, where are those copies of TT12-by the time I find them they will be worth $1-and we shall C ..GC (I know, it was bad the first time I wrote it).

The high price for TT12 could also have to do with the fact that it has no variants whereas DNM2 has a tons of variants.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Poka said:

The high price for TT12 could also have to do with the fact that it has no variants whereas DNM2 has a tons of variants.

frankies comics just announced a foil cover variant for TT12

Edited by williamblood

Just now, williamblood said:

frankies comics jusa=t announced a foil cover variant for TT12

Let’s just keep store variants out of it. But yeah I saw it and it is reasons like this that the store variant markets eventually will crash.

14 hours ago, Poka said:

Yes, may very well be.

Perhaps someone should do a survey ... I jest.

14 hours ago, williamblood said:

frankies comics just announced a foil cover variant for TT12

Oops.

Edit: Oops again; I wonder if the FC's variant will be/be considered a second print.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Second print?

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

You mean a reprint? It's far too late for a variant.

You beat me to it and stated (edit) it much more clearly.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Bad day for edits on my part.

15 hours ago, Poka said:

Wait, I thought this was the TT12 variant.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by TYPE-R

On 17/03/2018 at 7:31 AM, Poka said:

Let’s just keep store variants out of it. But yeah I saw it and it is reasons like this that the store variant markets eventually will crash.

If their is a store variant with  a better cover than than the standard issue, than that's the one I will chase every time...    I don't care about value, but a good cover on a key issue especially is far more appealing to me  than the same comic from the standard print run with a mediocre cover .  

As long as there are others like me who are willing to pay for great covers, I don't see good store variants crashing..  Those who purchase store variants, 1:100 etc  solely speculating value on scarcity - that could have a rebalance is there is a bit of a flood.   

Edited by MGH

On 3/12/2018 at 1:54 PM, darkstar said:

But the market isn't confused. The market refers to IH 181 as the first appearance, not because they aren't aware of his appearance in 180, but because if one is discussing or otherwise referencing the value or importance of that book it is much easier and quicker to simply say Wolverine's first appearance, than to explain verbally or in writing that the book is actually Wolverine's second appearance, but it commands more money than the previous issue because Wolverine appears on the cover and is actually featured throughout the book and because an overwhelming amount of capital has been put into 181 at this point so market confidence in that book is high plus the market is shifting towards favoring cover appearances because of the increasingly popularity of grading services which render the ability to appreciate interior content obsolete. 

But sure, continue to cry from the rooftops that the market has been fooled into believing that IH 181 is Wolverine's first appearance. 

On the bright side... Hulk 180 is starting to rise up in value because no one can afford 181.  Pretty soon most people won't be able to afford either of them... problem solved?  ;-)

9 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Well now theres this. 

DCA881E6-A3AB-425E-9F09-69BB340B43CC.jpeg

Nice, that's helpful, good to see that CGC is now taking a view.

Based on the Census, looks like no update to the Dark Nights Metal 2 as "1st appearance (Cameo)". Interesting that in Dark Days The Casting, it now says "1st App of the Dark Knights in Cameo"