• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing for Spawn #222 Kudranski Variant, Beautiful Condition

8 posts in this topic

I'm in need of some pricing help. I have decided to part with my copy of Spawn #222 the rare Kudranski variant. I believe there are only 400-500 of these.

However, I'm having a hard time finding any pricing info for this book. The only one I see for sale is a CGC 9.8 Signature series on eBay for like five grand. I believe my book would grade 9.8 but you never really know until you send it in.

Anyways I will take any help I can to price this so I can bring it to market, thanks!

(The picture is only a sample pic).spawn-222-2-szymon-kudranski-variant_1_f96502ebcc9ee8ae6de8c24cc33d71b7.jpg.29a030912bfa048574c5d1ed704c9a84.jpg

Paging @newshane

First of all, what a killer book to have. A modern grail, no doubt. It's going to be tough to price until you get it graded and I would definitely recommend you do so. I checked the comicsmv.com page for this book (a great site for at least getting eBay sales data) and it shows a 9.8 sold for $1999 last year and a 9.6 went for $625. It is a niche book, though, and it's going to take some patience to realize a high dollar amount. If you list it on eBay at a fixed price (say, $2k based on last year's reported sale) with the Best Offer option, you're going to get a LOT of low-ball offers, but it will help you at least gauge the seriousness of the market. The auction format is a risk these days, but, again, it's a "grail".... I would bet there's a lot of folks out there who have "Spawn 222 Kudranski" as a saved search so you might actually be able to get a few serious buyers willing to throw down over your book at auction. Either way, best of luck, hopefully you'll report back once it's graded (thumbsu

Edited by Martin Sinescu

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I have a lot of great books that I should grade and sell, and you've convinced me to do so with this book. It's a hassle getting it done from Canada but I'll get it done!

Thanks again!

It's a great book with a killer cover! One of the rarest of the many Spawn variants. The print run was confirmed in the letter section of Spawn by the editor herself - less than 500! The problem with this book is that there are quite a few on the census already (37 total in 9.8), so the demand isn't as crucial as it is with some of the other variants. 

That being said, it is the "big boy" variant for issues past 185. 

I wouldn't accept a penny less than $1500. 

This book has done a lot of bouncing around, so it's hard to tell what it would do at auction. 

I'd say you could see a range from $1500-2000. 

That's just my opinion as a hardcore Spawn collector. My subscription to GPA ran out last month, so I'm unable at the moment to peruse the data. 

If you want it to move fast, I'd try $1500. 

If you're patient, you might be able to squeak out even more. 

Hope this helps.  

54 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Thanks for the info! I haven't been keeping an eye on the prices because the book is already in my "black hole" collection. No interest in selling. :)

The prices may be deflating a bit thanks to the availability of the book on the market. 

59 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yep.  I bought my copy for $1200 (the guy had a BIN at $2000).  Everybody who wanted this book and willing to pay a premium now already have it.

So if you want to sell it fast list it for $1,200.  If you have patience then list if for $1,500.  If you don't care if it sells or not then put it at $2,000 and hope somebody won the lotterylol.

***Only talking about CGC 9.8.

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm definitely getting it graded as it looks like a 9.8. 

Once I get it back I'll see if I'm able to part with it lol. Either way I bought it for $80 the first day it was released so it was a good investment.