• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has my new comic been tampered with?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just purchased my first CGC comic from Ebay UK - a Shazam #1 (1973) from a 100% positive feedback seller that has been an Ebay member for 9 years.  Comic looks in pretty good condition (to my untrained eye) and I verified the serial number on the CGC site.

The seals on all four corners look intact and there are no visible cracks anywhere on the case.  It is, however, noticeable that the top of the case is not fully sealed along the seam.

It's a new style CGC case and I may just be super-paranoid as it is my first purchase.  I also have nothing to compare it to, so it's hard to make a judgement

Would be delighted if anyone could help and let me know if there is anything I should do.

Many thanks from the UK.

20180308_112835.jpg

20180308_223557.jpg

20180308_223802.jpg

20180308_223831.jpg

20180308_223858.jpg

20180308_223915.jpg

37 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think the outer case is meant to be fully sealed around all four edges ? As long as the posts are fine, I think you are good.

This. The seams are rough or opaque at times, but this looks to be OK.