• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is ASM 630 1:15 CGC 9.8 Joe Quinones, so expensive?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

If I had two fairly rare comics and consigned them to someone, I could price them accurately and hope both sell, or

I could price one at 20X value and the other at 5X value. An uninformed consumer stumbling across the two listings would think the one at 5X was an absolute steal. Then after it sells, I lower the first one to 4X and anyone checking past sales sees it is 20% cheaper than  the previous sale- hence a bargain. Then I get a new tattoo or buy some turquois.

6 hours ago, shadroch said:

If I had two fairly rare comics and consigned them to someone, I could price them accurately and hope both sell, or

I could price one at 20X value and the other at 5X value. An uninformed consumer stumbling across the two listings would think the one at 5X was an absolute steal. Then after it sells, I lower the first one to 4X and anyone checking past sales sees it is 20% cheaper than  the previous sale- hence a bargain. Then I get a new tattoo or buy some turquois.

That's great. I hope your tattoo makes you happy and acts as a permanent reminder of your approach to life and other people.