• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Commissions

6 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Malevolent Demon said:

I commissioned an artist to draw a piece for me 11/17” piece and cgc will be at the show can cgc do a piece that size I’m new to the Cgc family if anyone knows I appreciate it thank you

Short answer? 

No. 

Call Cgc directly and ask.  Takes as much time as posting here.

i think 11 x 17 is too big though

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

A bit longer of an answer. Maybe.

As far as I know, they only encapsulate comics, magazines, and concert posters.

He could call the CGC and ask them if they would encapsulate it. I doubt they would, but perhaps they wouldn't turn down the money if there was someway to profit from it. (shrug)

I will say that I've never seen or heard of it being done.

I don't see why anyone would want it done. I'd prefer to have the piece professionally mounted and framed at an art store.

If the OP is interested in encapsulation and grading, the services for which CGC is best known, I recommend buying a "blank cover" and having the artist work on a comic-sized canvas. You will need to arrange to have a witness handle and submit your book. I recommend reaching out to Rich_Henn or dscott - both of them are regulars on the board and have numerous references. Do a search for them or send me a PM for more information.

If the OP will be at the show, he can arrange all of this at the CGC booth.

But the 11X17? Nah. Have it framed and put it on the wall. Enjoy it for what it is.

Blank cover comic commissions verified by the CGC are a whole 'nother world. The good news is that they are generally cheaper than 11x17s.

I suggest reading the CGC webpage. Explore and learn what services are offered...browse the forums for examples...and just soak up some knowledge before diving in. The number one mistake made by newbies is to approach this end of the hobby with high expectations, little experience, and too high a willingness to blow too much money. At least that's how I jumped in. I wish I would have found these boards first.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

Edited by newshane