• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love and Rockets Thread
5 5

136 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, F For Fake said:

Gah, how did I manage to totally miss this??? I was out of town for the holiday weekend, way behind. Hope it went well and if you start another thread, PM me! I'll get my want list together!

Only the L&R B&W #1 and L&R 24 sold. The others are all still available and any offers are welcome... I am not very good at pricing these books.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ron C. said:

Only the L&R B&W #1 and L&R 24 sold. The others are all still available and any offers are welcome... I am not very good at pricing these books.

The slabbed prices were about right, but aside from keys I think those appeal to a very limited subset of collectors. I suspect they'd go fine on eBay

On 6/2/2022 at 4:55 PM, SuperBird said:

The slabbed prices were about right, but aside from keys I think those appeal to a very limited subset of collectors. I suspect they'd go fine on eBay

I will likely send slabs to MyComicShop and let them do the online sales. What I get from them is about what I would get from an eBay sale, but without any shipping or return hassles.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ron C. said:

Ok cool! Let me get my want list together, it's been a while since I updated it!

Can anybody tell me what I've got here?  I'm 95% sure that it's a reprint... the ISBN on the back cover doesn't seem to be on the original... but I also can't find anything indicating where the book was reprinted like this, rather than with the new cover.

Love and Rockets 0a.jpg

Love and Rockets 0b.jpg

On 3/1/2024 at 5:39 PM, OtherEric said:

Can anybody tell me what I've got here?  I'm 95% sure that it's a reprint... the ISBN on the back cover doesn't seem to be on the original... but I also can't find anything indicating where the book was reprinted like this, rather than with the new cover.

Love and Rockets 0a.jpg

Love and Rockets 0b.jpg

Interesting that when the ISBN is searched, nothing seems to be attached to it! Could it have been part of the box set that FBI released recently as some sort of premium? I've never really examined the first print of L&R, though I read that the first may have not been stapled? Very curious why that number is there.