• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals - 1976 series (Marvel Bronze Age) CLUB
4 4

193 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2021 at 7:43 PM, lou_fine said:

I guess another perfect example right now would be the so-called variant edition of Ultimate Fallout 4 in CGC 9.8 where it's apparently going for over $30K.  :screwy:

Just imagine 2 years from now when the current Spidey movie is long gone and CGC digs themselves out of the dump of books they have stored up to the rafters for grading in their new expanded 100,000+ square foot facility.  How many more copies of this readily available and easily found variant will they have over and above the current 275 CGC 9.8 graded copies which they already have slabbed in CGC 9.8?  doh!  :tonofbricks:  :tonofbricks:

And ! (I have never read it and never intend to, but I would imagine) it is Poop! 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:39 AM, dikran1 said:

Looking at some of the prices for these books lately... it's a bloodbath... Eternals 11 9.8 ending at 192$ on ComicLink?... it was routinely selling for 5-600$ a few months ago.

Eternals 13 in a 9.8 took the biggest dive selling for as much as 3k at one point. Now at $150

On 6/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, Timeless icons said:
On 6/30/2021 at 4:45 AM, rdz30606 said:

hello all,

not sure if this constitutes thread drift...but has anyone else noticed the price the last Eternals #1 (UK price variant) at CGC 9.4 went for (according to GPA)....$1300?

this is an anomaly, right?

or is the UK price variant now being taken almost "as seriously" as the 30 cent variant?

curious hm

Could have been that one collector/speculator that really wanted it. I doubt they're even in the same play space as the price variants. Comiclink had a Hulk 1 4.5 UK variant that sold for pretty much, the exact GPA that a 4.5 Universal was going for (at the time it sold anyway). I was contemplating that purchase for a week or so before someone else decided to pull the trigger on it. Personally, I have no issues with them and I wouldn't mind buying nice copies of them but I wouldn't pay more for them than U.S. copies in most cases but that's just me. I wouldn't mind a nice Eternals 1 UK copy joining the collection though. (thumbsu

Does anyone approximately know when the 9.8 30 cent variant sold that is shown on CL as sale pending, sold?

It shows the sale as $30K. Does CL show sales at the listing price, or lower prices offered?

I've never paid attention to that before.

The highest sale on GPA, last year, was about 25% of that, and that really seemed shockingly high to me.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:41 PM, sledgehammer said:

Does anyone approximately know when the 9.8 30 cent variant sold that is shown on CL as sale pending, sold?

It shows the sale as $30K. Does CL show sales at the listing price, or lower prices offered?

The highest sale on GPA, last year, was about 25% of that, and that really seemed shockingly high to me.

The 7500.00 9.8 was a great price and Ive had that one for a while now(that gpa was when I bought it) I bought that copy and the one on comiclink was just purchased within the last 6 to 8 months or so. I bought that one too. Thats my old copy that I finally came to an agreement to buy back from the owner. The 30k copy, It was on my list of books to buy back for my collection that i had previously sold. The last 9.6 sold for close to 7500.00 so its right there with what i paid at the time for that 9.8. I believe there are still only 3 or so on the census in 9.8. 

On 1/11/2022 at 4:54 AM, Timeless icons said:

The 7500.00 9.8 was a great price and Ive had that one for a while now(that gpa was when I bought it) I bought that copy and the one on comiclink was just purchased within the last 6 to 8 months or so. I bought that one too. Thats my old copy that I finally came to an agreement to buy back from the owner. The 30k copy, It was on my list of books to buy back for my collection that i had previously sold. The last 9.6 sold for close to 7500.00 so its right there with what i paid at the time for that 9.8. I believe there are still only 3 or so on the census in 9.8. 

Yeah, that's a super solid price for it. Still only 3 on the census at 9.8, I just checked because I'm pricing out the 9.6 I'm selling and there are still only 22 of those.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, Timeless icons said:

Rumor is Richard Madden is coming back as Ikarus very soon. Seris and Thena are reported to be coming back too. I'm sure there will be others. I liked the cast so i'm good with that. Just watched it last night on Disney+ again. 

Come back in what?

On 1/14/2022 at 6:59 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Come back in what?

Spoiler

My guess? a pile of ashes considering he was last seen traveling into the sun at the end of Eternals. lol   His character in Eternals is rumored to be showing up again very soon but take that with a grain of salt since its just a rumor. 

https://comicbookmovie.com/eternals/eternals-evidence-mounts-we-could-see-richard-maddens-ikaris-return-sooner-than-expected-a190996

On 1/11/2022 at 6:54 AM, Timeless icons said:
On 1/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, sledgehammer said:

There's a fourth on the census now, as of April 1st. It's on clink.

:baiting: