• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals - 1976 series (Marvel Bronze Age) CLUB
4 4

193 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is this still a thing? Any news on series/movie front?

not a lot of sales since May....

Are everybody's books at CGC....?

I take that back.... there are plenty of sales on #1 (thumbsu 

I had originally looked up #3... :sorry:

but you know-- it is nice to see these books get some love. I paid $6.25 for my full set as I suppose many of us did buying straight off the rack. Also happy that I didn't paw these to death back then either as all of mine are 7.0 or better with mostly 9.0s (not that this is super impressive but these are OO copies bought at a 7-11 as they came out).

It wasn't too long ago these comics were considered drek. I guess I'm fortunate to have a few around simply because I couldn't move them before. It still amazes me how a mention of a movie deal can propel books which had little demand for years to heights not imagined a few months ago.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, minisink warrior said:

Well, the price is definitely a lot less shocking when you considered that this is for the 30 cents price variant issue, as opposed to the regular version of Eternals 1.  

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

I know, I know. I immediately noticed that but I'm too lazy to pull them all out again for a group pic. LOL!

I was going to let it slide until you used the term "full membership card" lol

17 hours ago, jaeldubyoo said:

It wasn't too long ago these comics were considered drek. I guess I'm fortunate to have a few around simply because I couldn't move them before. It still amazes me how a mention of a movie deal can propel books which had little demand for years to heights not imagined a few months ago.

And while some may have considered them drek, most Kirby fans were sure to get them all. I still am kicking myself for ignoring the Black Panther Kirby series though I am fairly certain that those books just weren't on the rack at my 7-11 initially (I bought all the superhero Marvel books usually).

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, the price is definitely a lot less shocking when you considered that this is for the 30 cents price variant issue, as opposed to the regular version of Eternals 1.  

This is a screen shot of the final sale price. 4950.00. Currently only 2 in the census 

BD1B9193-2482-411B-B10F-6C86965714FC.png

DF9C454F-CCB8-45A3-9C2F-26B3FC329CE5.jpeg

Edited by minisink warrior
Pic change

I have found it a little tricky to find the key issues 3-13 in high grade (True NM or higher) as they didn't get treated with respect for so long. Found lots of the non-key issues and lots in VF or less. Been buying any copes I can find in the wild but think the word has spread.

I went on a bender looking for this series around like 2012... Recently noticed the prices seemed silly and didn't realize there was movie talk or anything... Glad I got the series read earlier! :)

1-VFNMThumb.jpg 2-NMThumb.jpg 3-NM-Thumb.jpg 4-NM-Thumb.jpg 5-NMThumb.jpg 6-NM+Thumb.jpg 7-NM+Thumb.jpg 8-NMThumb.jpg 9-NMThumb.jpg 10-NM+Thumb.jpg 11-NM-Thumb.jpg 12-NMThumb.jpg 13-NM-Thumb.jpg 14-NMThumb.jpg 15-NM+Thumb.jpg 16-NMThumb.jpg 17-NM-Thumb.jpg 18-NMThumb.jpg19Savannah-NM-Thumb.jpg

19 is a Savannah copy... looks like I'm missing the Annual too though!

Edited by Schmakt
EDIT: ugh. Used to be easy to post thumbnails that were clickable to the full-size! oh well

Hmmm...I got back into comics in '05, after my original years of collecting ('71-'82). I'm not a rabid Kirby fan, but I kept seeing these books EVERYWHERE, so i put together the whole run (with annual) in '06, sourced from three different area stores...is there some sort of movie buzz? Sheesh, glad my #1 is pristine...