• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals - 1976 series (Marvel Bronze Age) CLUB
4 4

193 posts in this topic

there is definitely saturation in issues 1-3, seemed to be the only issues people kept long boxes of and cared to take care of over time. Over valued IMO compared to other Eternals keys. I strongly encourage collectors to read the books. 

As I said before do not underestimate the value, especially in high grade, issues 5,7,8,9,11. They will have high importance if Eternals leads to multiple movies and becomes the primary cosmic MCU property as rumored.

Edited by 1p36DSA

On 4/19/2018 at 7:21 AM, 1p36DSA said:

I went through and re-read the entire series and referenced everything as if I was researching to do a college paper. It has been a while reading the series so I had to make updates from what I used on my first post which was based on memory (leaving first post for prosperity) . Some articles out there on eternals characters first appearances and CGC labels are just not accurate at all. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO READ THE BOOKS NOT THE LABEL. 

Issue one is a first appearance of "a or an" Eternal, not "the" eternals, the team doesn't' really present itself until issue 5. It however is the first appearance of the Deviants. Same goes with issue 2, it is a first appearance in cameo on last page of "a" Celestial, not the team or species of Celestials. You see Celestial artifacts and a space ship within the first two issues but that sure doesn't constitute a first appearance to me, not even an origin necessarily. 

Issue 5 & 7 are the most significant books by far, as characters go for both the Eternals and Celestials. Fan favorites will be from those issues if anything Movie wise comes of Eternal's . Don't underestimate Ransak and Karkas as they play very significant roles as well.

All in all, hope this helps in your collecting searches!

REVISED

Issue Key issue notes # of appearances in Earth 616
Eternals #1 (30 Cent Variant) Eternals: 1st Ikaris 115
  Deviants: 1st Kro 67
  Deviants: 1st Tode 16
Eternals #2 (30 Cent Variant) Eternals: 1st Ajak 48
  Celestials: 1st Arishem the Judge (in cameo on last page) 51
Eternals #3 Eternals: 1st Sersi 249
  Eternals: 1st Ikaris in costume 115
  Celestials: 1st full Arishem the Judge (2 page splash & 1 more panel) 51
Eternals #5 Eternals: 1st Makkari 141
  Eternals: 1st Thena 106
  Eternals: 1st Zuras 67
  Eternals: 1st Domo 13
Eternals #7 Celestials: 1st Jemiah the Analyzer 14
  Celestials: 1st Tefral the Surveyor 18
  Celestials: 1st full Gammenon The Gather (appears in 1 tiny panel in #6) 34
  Celestials: 1st Eson the Searcher (in cameo on one panel in middle of story) 27
  Celestials: 1st Hargen the Measurer (in cameo on one panel in middle of story) 15
  Celestials: 1st Nezarr the Calculator (in cameo on one panel in middle of story) 23
Eternals #8 1st Ransak the Reject 46
  1st Karkas (in cameo on last page) 48
Eternals #9 Eternals: 1st Sprite 34
  1st full Karkas 48
  Celestials: 1st full Eson the Searcher 27
  Celestials: 1st Oneg the Prober (in cameo on one panel in middle of story) 22
Eternals #11 Eternals: 1st Kingo Sunen 20
  Eternals: 1st Druig 33
  Eternals: 1st Valkin 20
  Celestials: 1st full Nezarr the Calculator 23

Eternals #13 (35 Cent Variant)

Eternals: 1st Gilgamesh & Origin (The Forgotten One)

Celestials: 1st The One Above All

Im assuming 18 is still Ziran's 1st appearance? These are all 1st app none are cameos? 

Everything should state if cameo then first full or if just first it would have been full true first. 

By issue 18 IMO those celestials didn’t play a big enough part to be considered a key or warrant being called out. 

Edited by 1p36DSA