• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals - 1976 series (Marvel Bronze Age) CLUB
4 4

193 posts in this topic

hello all,

not sure if this constitutes thread drift...but has anyone else noticed the price the last Eternals #1 (UK price variant) at CGC 9.4 went for (according to GPA)....$1300?

this is an anomaly, right?

or is the UK price variant now being taken almost "as seriously" as the 30 cent variant?

curious hm

6 hours ago, rdz30606 said:

hello all,

not sure if this constitutes thread drift...but has anyone else noticed the price the last Eternals #1 (UK price variant) at CGC 9.4 went for (according to GPA)....$1300?

this is an anomaly, right?

or is the UK price variant now being taken almost "as seriously" as the 30 cent variant?

curious hm

Could have been that one collector/speculator that really wanted it. I doubt they're even in the same play space as the price variants. Comiclink had a Hulk 1 4.5 UK variant that sold for pretty much, the exact GPA that a 4.5 Universal was going for (at the time it sold anyway). I was contemplating that purchase for a week or so before someone else decided to pull the trigger on it. Personally, I have no issues with them and I wouldn't mind buying nice copies of them but I wouldn't pay more for them than U.S. copies in most cases but that's just me. I wouldn't mind a nice Eternals 1 UK copy joining the collection though. (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, rdz30606 said:

thanks for the insight.  I'm on the same page as you on this.

$1300 vs $400-500 must be the definition of "really wanting it" :bigsmile:

We've all seen some sales this year that were incredibly out of range from the norm. With the influx of new collectors/speculators, seeing a book shatter the normal GPA is a common theme now. It also helps that the Eternals have accelerated out of the stratosphere within the last few years and having a copy of a book that is just so low in terms of numbers on the census per grade must have helped with that sale as well. Definitely cool to add to any Eternals collection. 

Just picked up a ticket ! I think #5 is going to be one of the better books to have considering the story and 1st-appearances that occur within.  I picked up this particular copy because the colors are so deep. Should be getting a few more in soon. Thanks for the thread, very informative.

s-l1600-8.jpg

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

The release of Eternals was about the time I briefly split into Collector and Speculator.  I bought this title heavy (for me) and ended up with 5 copies of issues 1-5, but then bought only single copies through #14 for some reason.  I've been sniping a few at yard sales in recent months.

Eternals - 1.jpg

On 10/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, rdz30606 said:

hello all,

after numerous submissions, multiple near-misses..... #9.6s, I finally picked this up from CGC London today.....

image.png.86f9e26274a71cf7c08f5cf0ebd0e30a.png

image.png.0a65c36b0e61b3c36b993594d8881e07.png

am so pleased!!!  felt compelled to share!!!

That couldn't have been easy :tink::download: