• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

Looks like Shuri will be even more popular by the time this film comes out.

shrui-final-cover-1186244.jpeg?auto=webp

Shuri has exploded in popularity since Black Panther galloped into theaters last year. Now, Scholastic and Marvel are collaborating to bring a Shuri novel to fans next year. The all-new story debuts in May of 2020 and begins a multi-year deal designed to introduce new stories featuring Marvel's beloved Super Heroes to young readers worldwide. Shuri: A Black Panther Novel will be the first step by the two companies to craft exciting, relatable stories whit characters who resonate with the millions of kids Scholastic reaches.

Avengers Assembly by Preeti Chhibber is another middle-grade series that will follow Shuri: A Black Pather Novel. Shuri's debut will be penned by New York Times bestselling author Nic Stone. Black Panther's massive success surely factored into the decision to have the younger heroine helm the first book in this project. Shuri is the most brilliant mind on Earth in the Marvel Comics universe, so young readers can see a positive reflection of themselves in her character. Both companies have talked about their excitement for the deal.

“Marvel is always looking for best-in-class partners to develop new and exciting ways to experience the Marvel Universe, and Scholastic is the perfect partner to do this. We couldn’t be more thrilled,” Sven Larsen, Director, Licensed Publishing, Marvel said in a statement.

He continued, “As two brands dedicated to storytelling for every kind of reader and fan, the combined strength of this collaboration will be truly one of a kind – with a super power to bring together the next generation of fans through the joy of reading and Marvel.”

Months after Mondo released Christophe Beck's Ant-Man and the Wasp score on gnarly dual-colored vinyl, the Austin-based outfit has announced their second Marvel Cinematic Universe release. Starting this Wednesday, Ludwig Göransson's Oscar-winning score will be available in a highly-collectible 3XLP set.

Pressed with 180 Gram Silver and Black colored vinyl, the set's jacket features artwork by the amazing Martin Ansin as it showcases Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), Shuri (Letitia Wright), and Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett) amongst other characters from the film. The score was a break-out hit, winning an award at virtual every major awards show, including the Oscars (Best Original Score) and Grammys (Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media).

And it only works on one record player. Get them now!

Disney_record_player.jpg.7cff23059389c8566c26bc52df905793.jpg

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I’m not buying this one..,

Doctor Doom is one of Marvel's best villains. Why would they waste him in BP2? That's my opinion.

I thought the actual rumor was that Doctor Doom will be teased in Black Panther 2's end credits sequence.

I get that they want to continue building on what they (the MCU) already have, but is there a method of doing Doctor Doom justice without the Fantastic Four? He's an iconic FF villain. That would be like introducing Green Goblin without Spider-Man. Seems crazy to me.

11 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

This is the anti-hero we should all want as the antagonist for Black Panther 2.

Would be a fitting continuation of 'villains' for the BP series. People seeking warped or delusional justice rather than power or revenge.

18 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Doctor Doom is one of Marvel's best villains. Why would they waste him in BP2? That's my opinion.

I thought the actual rumor was that Doctor Doom will be teased in Black Panther 2's end credits sequence.

I get that they want to continue building on what they (the MCU) already have, but is there a method of doing Doctor Doom justice without the Fantastic Four? He's an iconic FF villain. That would be like introducing Green Goblin without Spider-Man. Seems crazy to me.

Because Dr Dooom vs the FF is a time honored movie tradition that’s thrilled theater goers  for decades and lit up box offices around the world?

742AAFE5-8AB7-44B9-9945-7FBE4AE17C17.thumb.jpeg.5a489b63540c08198be80746e8d1132f.jpeg

News flash: It hasn’t.

Dr Doom vs the FF has grown stale in my opinion. Unlike the Green Goblin, Doom has transcended his petty grievances with his original nemesis and become a true universal Marvel villain. 

Doom’s sole purpose is the quest for ultimate power. To be like a god. With the Infinity Stones removed from the MCU, the most powerful element on Earth is now vibranium.

Yes, the BP2 Doom rumor is an unreliable rumor, but it makes perfect sense to me. It also could go with the Black Panther’s more serious themes of politics and globalism. There’s also precedence in the comics.

E9DA04E7-E46A-4F03-A55F-C9B803DA02A3.jpeg.fddd38286b0e5d0ec1c0e31933658cc5.jpeg

25 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Because Dr Dooom vs the FF is a time honored movie tradition that’s thrilled theater goers  for decades and lit up box offices around the world?

742AAFE5-8AB7-44B9-9945-7FBE4AE17C17.thumb.jpeg.5a489b63540c08198be80746e8d1132f.jpeg

News flash: It hasn’t.

Dr Doom vs the FF has grown stale in my opinion. Unlike the Green Goblin, Doom has transcended his petty grievances with his original nemesis and become a true universal Marvel villain. 

Doom’s sole purpose is the quest for ultimate power. To be like a god. With the Infinity Stones removed from the MCU, the most powerful element on Earth is now vibranium.

Yes, the BP2 Doom rumor is an unreliable rumor, but it makes perfect sense to me. It also could go with the Black Panther’s more serious themes of politics and globalism. There’s also precedence in the comics.

E9DA04E7-E46A-4F03-A55F-C9B803DA02A3.jpeg.fddd38286b0e5d0ec1c0e31933658cc5.jpeg

It's cute that you think what Fox Studios did matters.

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's cute that you think what Fox Studios did matters.

What’s come before does matter when it applies to keeping things fresh. It’s  why Kevin Feige and Co didn’t use any of the Spidey villains from the five Sony movies. It’s why we’ll probably never see Dark Phoenix again in the MCU. Including the Roger Corman movie that exists only in bootlegs, there have been three movie versions of Dr Doom and they’ve all failed. It would be foolish for Feige and Co to try that same formula again even if it is the “unstoppable “ MCU.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

What’s come before does matter when it applies to keeping things fresh. It’s  why Kevin Feige and Co didn’t use any of the Spidey villains from the five Sony movies. It’s why we’ll probably never see Dark Phoenix again in the MCU. Including the Roger Corman movie that exists only in bootlegs, there have been three movie versions of Dr Doom and they’ve all failed. It would be foolish for Feige and Co to try that same formula again even if it is the “unstoppable “ MCU.

You do realize that you contradicted your own premise here, right?

Doctor Doom was a Fox Studios villain 4 years ago.

It would not be "foolish" of Marvel to make things 'right'.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You do realize that you contradicted your own premise here, right?

Doctor Doom was a Fox Studios villain 4 years ago.

It would not be "foolish" of Marvel to make things 'right'.

Doom was also a Fox Studios villain 14 years ago and the villain of the 1994 FF movie. How did I contradict my premise? And one way to do things right is not repeating the same mistakes of the past. 

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Doom was also a Fox Studios villain 14 years ago and the villain of the 1994 FF movie. How did I contradict my premise? And one way to do things right is not repeating the same mistakes of the past. 

Some self-reflection would be nice. 'Marvel didn't re-use Sony villains', but, they should re-use Fox villains? Luckily Kevin Feige is an actual comic book fan and will do the FF and DD justice. You literally duplicated the same self-contradiction.

The presence of a character same development, story, (anything) etc...

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Some self-reflection would be nice. 'Marvel didn't re-use Sony villains', but, they should re-use Fox villains? Luckily Kevin Feige is an actual comic book fan and will do the FF and DD justice. You literally duplicated the same self-contradiction.

The presence of a character same development, story, (anything) etc...

Okay I see your point. 

My Spidey villains/Doom comparison was meant as a loose analogy.

Also, Spidey’s Rogues Gallery doesn’t really work outside Spider-Man’s stories with the exception of Oscorp and the Symbiote. You won’t see Lizard or Vulture or Doc Ock cross over into the Avengers or X-Men. However, Doom is no longer just another member of the FF’s rogues gallery. Victor VD is now a cornerstone character of the Marvel Universe and not dependent on any one particular hero/ heroes to tell his story. Because if they go with the 60’s storyline that Doom was Reed’s old college roommate and wants revenge on him for some reason then that would just be silly unless the MCU FF will be a straight up comedy.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay I see your point. 

My Spidey villains/Doom comparison was meant as a loose analogy.

Also, Spidey’s Rogues Gallery doesn’t really work outside Spider-Man’s stories with the exception of Oscorp and the Symbiote. You won’t see Lizard or Vulture or Doc Ock cross over into the Avengers or X-Men. However, Doom is no longer just another member of the FF’s rogues gallery. Victor VD is now a cornerstone character of the Marvel Universe and not dependent on any one particular hero/ heroes to tell his story. Because if they go with the 60’s storyline that Doom was Reed’s old college roommate and wants revenge on him for some reason then that would just be silly unless the MCU FF will be a straight up comedy.

The MCU has already green-lit other bad ideas, so I can't say that I would be surprised. It would be a bad idea to ditch the iconic connection of the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, though.

Doctor Doom should absolutely destroy Black Panther and Wakanda at will. He's a team-level threat. Okoye, Shuri, Dora Milaje, White Wolf, etc, all combined shouldn't really do :censored: to him.

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is the anti-hero we should all want as the antagonist for Black Panther 2.

Would be a fitting continuation of 'villains' for the BP series. People seeking warped or delusional justice rather than power or revenge.

I hope this is correct.  MCU Cosmic is one of the more reliable sources.

Also, this maybe a good way to introduce Mutants since Namor is technically the first Mutant.

Edited by Xenosmilus

Thursday afternoon, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige — also Chief Creative Officer for the entire Marvel brand — confirmed what many had suspected. Under no circumstance will the studio be recasting T'Challa in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's passing. Though the Ryan Coogler-led franchise will continue to bear the Black Panther name, Feige said during the Marvel Studios portion of the call it would continue to explore the fictional country of Wakanda. As such, T'Challa's sister Shuri (Letitia Wright) began to trend as many Black Panther fans speculated she'd take on the mantle of the Avengers character, a plotline stripped straight from the comics.

"Black Panther 2, opening July 8, 2022, is being written & directed by Ryan Coogler. Honoring Chadwick Boseman's legacy & portrayal of T’Challa, @MarvelStudios will not recast the character but will explore the world of Wakanda & the rich characters introduced in the first film," Disney wrote on Twitter.

Black Panther 2 is now set for release on July 8, 2022.

Not recasting Boseman is a continuation of the decision to not re-cast Robert Downey as Stark and Chris Evans as Cap after both decided to leave the franchise.  Anyone had further insight as to what Feige is thinking with this approach?  All I can figure is an eventual reboot at some point in the far-out future.

Or is the thinking that you can just keep replacing a power set with a new fictional character played by a new actor?  So Peter Parker gets replaced by Miles Morales, who eventually gets replaced by <insert new Spider-person here>?  T'Challa gets replaced by Shuri, Cap by Sam and maybe even Bucky, Stark by Riri Williams, etc etc?

Feige wasn't thinking this way back in 2010 when he re-cast Bruce Banner played by Ed Norton with Mark Ruffallo, but he is now.  Can't say I'm a fan of not just re-casting a specific character.  What's he going to do the first time a character being newly-portrayed by an actor when that actor tragically dies?  So if the new Wolverine kills it but then happens to overdose the year after he first plays the character will we just lose Logan and get Weapon XI?  :ohnoez:

Edited by fantastic_four