• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2023 at 12:26 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Halfway through the film and for me it’s a hot mess 

It was a real chore to get through the movie

It felt way longer than the run time 

this is by far the worst movie of the MCU

there isn’t anything redeemable and many things that had a solid foundation (either in the movies or comics) were tossed away lazily

i felt long ago that Disney painted itself into a Stark tech corner and now it seems that’s been replaced by Vibranium (will wolverine have a vibranium skeleton)

0/5 stars 

I remember the first critique I read about this movie. The headline read "Ryan Coogler's Wakanda Forever collapses under its' own weight". Pretty much sums it up. Way too much attempted. Very little connectivity that makes sense. Bad acting all around, and just an outright waste of one of Marvel's greatest villains. Sad state of affairs. 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:33 PM, Joshua33 said:

I remember the first critique I read about this movie. The headline read "Ryan Coogler's Wakanda Forever collapses under its' own weight". Pretty much sums it up. Way too much attempted. Very little connectivity that makes sense. Bad acting all around, and just an outright waste of one of Marvel's greatest villains. Sad state of affairs. 

The -script, and the director comes first, I thought the actors did well for the material they were working with.  

At least you could see the actors had a clue around the story, unlike Thor lover and chunder.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:55 PM, Microchip said:

The --script, and the director comes first, I thought the actors did well for the material they were working with.  

At least you could see the actors had a clue around the story, unlike Thor lover and chunder.

Wasn't a fan of Thor either, but the opening sequence with Bale and some of the humor had a minute amount of redemption in them. I found Wakanda to be a disaster from opening to end credits...

On 2/5/2023 at 11:07 PM, Joshua33 said:

Wasn't a fan of Thor either, but the opening sequence with Bale and some of the humor had a minute amount of redemption in them. I found Wakanda to be a disaster from opening to end credits...

I agree thor has some parts that were enjoyable but this movie was a mess from start to finish 

On 2/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, Joshua33 said:

I think my expectation level around MCU movies has been whittled away to nada at this point.   I'm not invested in the character comic book wise (they've killed Namor from the get go), but next to the standard of all the other movies coming out of Hollywood these days, it was about right. Thor L&T was 4/10 compared to Ragnarok.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, Jaydogrules said:

This might be one of the most hilariously delusional cope articles by a fanboi of a failed movie that I have ever seen.  :roflmao:

I mean, does this even qualify as "journalism"?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2023/01/20/black-panther-wakanda-forever-gets-new-shot-at-1-billion-in-china-release/amp/

-J.

$3MM opening day in China, looks like $100M+ Forbes estimate might be a skosh awry

image.png.d4d191fdfb0a52cf456aa9fb8487542d.png

Edited by paperheart

On 2/8/2023 at 4:18 AM, paperheart said:

$3MM opening day in China, looks like $100M+ Forbes estimate might be a skosh awry

Translation?

On 2/8/2023 at 4:18 AM, paperheart said:
Jaydogrules said:

This might be one of the most hilariously delusional cope articles by a fanboi of a failed movie that I have ever seen.  :roflmao:

I mean, does this even qualify as "journalism"?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2023/01/20/black-panther-wakanda-forever-gets-new-shot-at-1-billion-in-china-release/amp/

-J.

Ad revenue generator.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:18 AM, paperheart said:

:roflmao:A properly abysmal result for an abysmally pointless movie.  

Now remains to be seen if this terrible number taints Ant-man over there in a week.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules