• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 4:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He'll be killed off in BP2.

Plus - you *can* just intro a character. They don’t have to be romantically tied to anyone.

Who knows if she would be Storm… but if she was, how about Prof X shows up after the credits ala General Ross in Iron Man.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:57 AM, HighVoltage said:

Plus - you *can* just intro a character. They don’t have to be romantically tied to anyone.

Who knows if she would be Storm… but if she was, how about Prof X shows up after the credits ala General Ross in Iron Man.

You mean Nick Fury?

On 7/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He'll be killed off in BP2.

Yeah I know that, I just hate the musk of the character in Storm's love life. If I say why it'll get marked as political, but the reason Reginald Hudlin put them together irks me. 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

black-panther-wakanda-forever-gets-its-villain-namor-in-narcos-mexico-fame-tenoch-huerta001.thumb.jpg.2f91eb981ef90e13ecc3237eac62bf6b.jpg

If it's true that Namor will debut in Wakanda Forever, it adds more "oomph" to my theory/observation that all MCU Phase Four films featuring a legacy character aren't just "team-up" movies, but also themed team-ups of that legacy character's counterparts.

Black Widow will team-up the Black Widows of the past(Melina), present(Natasha), and future(Yelena Belova).

No Way Home will be a team-up of the three cinematic franchise Spider-Mans (allegedly, not confirmed).

Multiverse of Madness will be a team-up of Marvel's wizards and sorcerers: Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, Wong, and allegedly Clea and Jerico Drumm.

Love and Thunder will be a team-up of Marvel's gods: Thor, Jane Foster Thor, Valkyrie, Zeus(confirmed to be Russell Crowe), and allegedly Hercules.

The Marvels will be a team-up of Marvel's Marvel characters: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and Monica Rambeau.

And Wakanda Forever apparently will be a team-up of Marvel's Earth kingdoms: Wakanda and Atlantis. How long until we get the rumor that a third kingdom in WF will be Latveria?

Nice,  how about KANG? @kav

On 8/24/2019 at 11:24 PM, Gruson said:

Namor vs Panther would be awesome. Hope it happens.  Keanu is too old though IMO. 

That might depend on what the point of the story is ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I feel like Disney/Marvel are in a mode of trying to tape everything together to keep it from falling apart.

I would really love to know how they planned the Post Endgame phase because it seems that it's not a master plan like they had with the first set of films

Marvel Studios approached MCU Phases 1-3 the same way they've approached every MCU film since Iron Man. They had a loose plan (which varied in degree depending on the project) and made up the rest as they went along. Kevin Feige has admitted as much in an interview and said this is still the way they do things. This was obvious as I watched the first Iron Man the first time and it seemed so disjointed to me. I thought to myself, "did they just make this movie up as they went along?" which for me was a criticism at the time (especially after learning Iron Man had like eight writers) but which I now appreciate. After Thanos was introduced at the end of Avengers, Marvel Studios wanted to eventually lead towards an Infinity Gauntlet movie but a plan wasn't set in stone. They made it up as they went along.

It seems obvious that with Phase Four, Marvel is dealing with stories that tackle the varying ramifications of the universe shaking events of Endgame, including the awakening of the Celestials in Eternals, and it's all possibly leading towards some kind of Multiverse War if the rumors of a Secret Wars adaptation in development are to be believed.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Dominique Thorne will debut as Riri Williams in Black Panther 2, ahead of Ironheart show

I'm assuming Riri Williams will be a recipient of Wakanda's Community Outreach Science and Technology Program in Oakland, CA that was established at the end of the first movie?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

According to THR, Disney and Marvel Studios have decided to shut down Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's production as they wait for Letitia Wright to fully recover from her injury. The report notes that Coogler has shot all he can without Wright's Shuri for the last two months but now needs the star. The shutdown for Black Panther 2 will reportedly last the rest of 2021 as Coogler and his team reconfigure the shoot to start again in early 2022. Letitia Wright's representatives shared the following statement about the news with THR:

'Letitia has been recovering in London since September from injuries sustained on the set of Black Panther 2 and is looking forward to returning to work early 2022. Letitia kindly asks that you keep her in your prayers.'