• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy????

11 posts in this topic

I have a chance to buy some mid to late 1970s Marvels, Caps, FF's and Avengers.

They range in cover price from 20 cents (very few), to mostly 25, 30, 35, 40 centers. They are unread warehouse type copies from a guy who has owned them since new? I guess he put them aside years ago and never did a thing with them.

Avengers start in the 140s, and go up about 100 issues

Caps start in the 180s and go up about 75 issues

FFs start in the 160s and go up from there about 100 issues

Some of the books have multiple issues, FF 208 and 210 20 copies each

Avengers 185 and 187 20 copies each...

This stuff have any real value now? The average grade is 9.2, with plenty of 9.4 and 9.6 copies. I am sure a few 9.8 are there as well, but why guess on that grade. The books are really sharp.

What's this stuff worth?

Being the generous guy that I am, I'd pay 50 cents each for them understanding that the early/mid 80s stuff averages out with the mid 70s stuff, which, in theory, might be worth more.

Some of those (mainly the early/mid 80s stuff) are unsellable as individual comics unless in a slab that says 9.8 on it.

For many, a slab that says 9.6 may only get you back your slabbing costs.

Sure, slabbed 9.4 - 9.8s of the mid 70s stuff can make you good money, but can you really count on that?

I have a chance to buy some mid to late 1970s Marvels, Caps, FF's and Avengers.

They range in cover price from 20 cents (very few), to mostly 25, 30, 35, 40 centers. They are unread warehouse type copies from a guy who has owned them since new? I guess he put them aside years ago and never did a thing with them.

Avengers start in the 140s, and go up about 100 issues

FFs start in the 160s and go up from there about 100 issues

Some of the books have multiple issues, FF 208 and 210 20 copies each

Avengers 185 and 187 20 copies each...

This stuff have any real value now? The average grade is 9.2, with plenty of 9.4 and 9.6 copies. I am sure a few 9.8 are there as well, but why guess on that grade. The books are really sharp.

What's this stuff worth?

I would be interested in the Avengers, as i have need to fill some of the holes in that run and those books from 140 on up would do the trick.

pm me

buy them all, put them in mylars, and save them for ten years. Then get them CGC graded and sell them for your slab price plus three to ten times the current value. The prices will catch up.

Good Luck

Too bad, that's about right after the current sweet spot for BA Caps. Issues in the 140s to 160s in 9.6 and above have been realizing very strong prices of late.

I am in the market for a 9.8 Captain America #149, perfect QP and white pages. It's the first Marvel comic I ever purchased, and I still have that very ragged out copy, but would like a perfect slabbed copy for my collection.

I have a Marvel Two-in-One # 35 all hacked up and with my name in it and my little "pedigree identifying marks" including red dots, hole punches, and color crayon on the price box... I am going to get it slabbed eventually just for giggles.

It might get a 9.9.......... oops I mean a 3.5