• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prez nominated for probation
1 1

86 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, crassus said:

Yes, as I understand PayPal's rules about this, its like "back room" versus "store front". In the "back room" pricing is done based on the usual considerations, which can include what you are giving up to card and payment services, whether its VISA, debit machines you are paying to rent etc.., or PayPal, BUT in the store front, what the customers see from sticker prices through to completed transaction, there is no discrimination against PayPal's service. So for the customer there is one price no matter the payment method. 

As a point of comparison, am I wrong to think that Clink has a surcharge for using VISA? I think they do but cannot be sure. 

They do, which is why they have an office (or dropbox) in Illinois, where adding a charge to a cc payment is allowed. It isn't allowed in Maine.  NY also doesn't allow it, which is why ComicConnect dings the seller if the buyer pays with a credit card.

16 hours ago, PoorBaby said:

Besides the illegal surcharges, Clink used to also accept PP Family and Friends for comic purchases. In fact they requested that you use it. Josh is a shady character who uttered the classic line " your moral compass is wound too tight". That tells you all you need to know about him.

The 10 states where CC surcharges are illegal are:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Kansas
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • Oklahoma
  • Texas

So if you live in one of these states which I do, I should contact CL before paying with a card so the 3% will be waived?  I always send a check because I don't mind waiting a bit longer and I think it bad business to pass this particular cost of doing business on to the customer.

On 5/7/2018 at 12:44 PM, telerites said:
On 5/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, PoorBaby said:

Besides the illegal surcharges, Clink used to also accept PP Family and Friends for comic purchases. In fact they requested that you use it. Josh is a shady character who uttered the classic line " your moral compass is wound too tight". That tells you all you need to know about him.

The 10 states where CC surcharges are illegal are:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Kansas
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • Oklahoma
  • Texas

So if you live in one of these states which I do, I should contact CL before paying with a card so the 3% will be waived?  I always send a check because I don't mind waiting a bit longer and I think it bad business to pass this particular cost of doing business on to the customer.

I don't know for sure, but I think it's where they are (Illinois for business purposes) rather than where you are that determines whether they can hit you with the 3% charge.

32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't know for sure, but I think it's where they are (Illinois for business purposes) rather than where you are that determines whether they can hit you with the 3% charge.

Thanks, Sq.  That makes sense.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

On top of that, the book I bought and paid for has a really cool date stamp in a real vibrant blue color in what I think is the perfect position on the front cover, which is something I am really into...

Goose pimples.........I literally just got goose pimples over my entire body........plus I sharted a little bit.........but mostly I just got goose pimples.

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Goose pimples.........I literally just got goose pimples over my entire body........plus I sharted a little bit.........but mostly I just got goose pimples.

Canada Goose?It's all the poutine those honkers eat causing your sharts,if so.