• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prez nominated for probation
1 1

86 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, bababooey said:

OK, I'd like to see a screenshot of the invoice or specific PM if you dont mind.

It's odd that the OP never mentioned a paypal surcharge yet you seem to keep going back to square one with your explanation.  Yes, I realize you aren't nominating him, I'm back to thinking you aren't comprehending the difference between him explaining it as something he bundled into the item and/or shipping prices you agreed to OR surcharging you an additional amount for the fees.  Thanks.

:popcorn:

I already posted it but since you obviously keep overlooking it here is again. He did bundle the fees into the shipping charge. I asked him to unbundle it and that's when he admitted he was charging me for the paypal fees. You can give him a pass for the upcharge that you call a surcharge but I won't buy from him again. Point blank period. That still doesn't change the fact that Prez didn't complete the transaction with Jaydee and that the surcharge was not agreeable with bluehorseshoe.

PrezCGCboardconvo.thumb.PNG.31df9c0101ca8d40c5da36e9028f8640.PNG

I ended it there because the next post is my paypal address which I gave to Prez to send the invoice.

Edited by kairos70

2 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

I already posted it but since you obviously keep overlooking it here is again. He did bundle the fees into the shipping charge. I asked him to unbundle it and that's when he admitted he was charging me for the paypal fees. You can give him a pass for the upcharge that you call a surcharge but I won't buy from him again. Point blank period. That still doesn't change the fact that Prez didn't complete the transaction with Jaydee and that the surcharge was not agreeable with bluehorseshoe.

PrezCGCboardconvo.thumb.PNG.31df9c0101ca8d40c5da36e9028f8640.PNG

I ended it there because the next post is my paypal address which I gave to Prez to send the invoice.

I guess it's more curious to me that you would argue over $1.35. 

20 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I guess it's more curious to me that you would argue over $1.35. 

But the seller can whine about Paypal fees of $2.51 and add it back into the item price? Then also add in gas money, a Burger King combo , toll booths, etc. hm

Edited by kairos70

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

OK, I'd like to see a screenshot of the invoice or specific PM if you dont mind.

It's odd that the OP never mentioned a paypal surcharge yet you seem to keep going back to square one with your explanation.  Yes, I realize you aren't nominating him, I'm back to thinking you aren't comprehending the difference between him explaining it as something he bundled into the item and/or shipping prices you agreed to OR surcharging you an additional amount for the fees.  Thanks.

:popcorn:

?  I think he comprehends the difference between my issues and his issues, I think he’s just worn out with having to try to get you to comprehend not only that, but the issues here. 

But keep grinding it out, it’s entertaining to say the least.

Well Jaydee and bluehorseshoe I hope you get your desired results. Some are trying to spin my transaction so that they can ignore you two.  I will step out of the thread so the board can deal with the real issue of Prez not fulfilling his transaction with Jaydee and bluehorseshoe not getting his magazine. 

21 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

?  I think he comprehends the difference between my issues and his issues, I think he’s just worn out with having to try to get you to comprehend not only that, but the issues here. 

But keep grinding it out, it’s entertaining to say the least.

Your dispute doesn't really hold up, as I pointed out earlier, you gave this seller more than enough reasons to choose, yes choose, to not do business with you.  Why he was a jerk after you called him a piece of mess doesn't really bother me in the least. (shrug)  

I do think jaydee is the only one here with a valid issue that is PL worthy.

@prez

I get what you're saying @bababooey.

It's not that prez charged the $15 for shipping ON TOP OF PayPal fees and gas money to and from a US post office, just the $15 shipping. Prez never specifically ASKED anyone to pay for anything above the $15 shipping charge and only when pressed for why it was $15 instead of $13.65 by kairos70, prez decided to justify by mentioning PP fees and gas money.
My question here would be, did prez ship boxed and was that cost close to the $15 paid?

In bluehorseshoe's case he mentioned the need to up shipping to his next level offered (from $7 to $15) as a necessity, in his mind, for more secure shipping due to the size of the magazine, presumably when compared to a regular comic book. They obviously disagreed on this and prez supposedly shipped via his $7 method.

I honestly think that prez was so frazzled by everything going on behind the scenes in that sales thread that Jaydee's claims, although acknowledged, were lost somewhere in the middle of him saying "screw-it, I'm done", and this will be what eventually puts him on the PL.

It stinks that prez hasn't come back to defend or apologize. It is all so avoidable.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Your dispute doesn't really hold up, as I pointed out earlier, you gave this seller more than enough reasons to choose, yes choose, to not do business with you.  Why he was a jerk after you called him a piece of mess doesn't really bother me in the least. (shrug)  

I do think jaydee is the only one here with a valid issue that is PL worthy.

@prez

You’ve made it real clear that you have opinions. If only Prez  would show up to validate any of your theories, you’d be in business.   As far as my nomination goes, Prez hasn’t bothered to respond in three days to the PM that I sent him which notified him that he was nominated, and I’ve provided proof that he was aware of the nomination PM.

So yeah, actually it holds up pursuant to the rules that govern these issues.     But don’t let that stop whatever it is you are trying to say (and very loudly by the way.) 

42 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Well Jaydee and bluehorseshoe I hope you get your desired results. Some are trying to spin my transaction so that they can ignore you two.  I will step out of the thread so the board can deal with the real issue of Prez not fulfilling his transaction with Jaydee and bluehorseshoe not getting his magazine. 

This thread has over 1100 views. Everyone has said something, except Prez, the one guy that ties all of this together.  He knows about the thread, undoubtedly he’s read the thread multiple times, but chooses to sit this one out. 

The desired result, at least for me, is that the nonsense I had to go through with this guy, stops with me.  If Prez decides that he wants to give selling a try on here again, I would hope that this thread raises awareness as to what his past record is.

And if I have got all of this wrong, then it’s my fault. The way that he proves that is to produce the information related to the book he said that he sent me, or the book shows up, and then what I feel like I would be obligated to do would be to retract the nomination. But you, me, and everyone know that’s not going to be the result of all of this.

In the meantime, certainly people have their agendas, and will write about what they want to write about, never mind that  it’s all theories or assumptions, and frankly, not terribly on point. 

I hope you continue to monitor and participate in this thread, because the information you provided reiterates what the issues are with this guy.

Has it been 72 hours since @Jaydee PM'd Prez notifying him of his nomination? As other have said, his case it cut and dry. :takeit: was acknowledged and then correspondence ceased correct? If it's been 72 hours, let's just get him on the PL and be done with it. 

Edited by Foley

On 5/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, kairos70 said:

What is it about the board rule that a seller can't add paypal fees to the sale that you don't understand?  Crassus mentioned embedding it in the item price which is a better way for recouping costs than adding it when the seller calculates shipping. It's the fact that it's in addition to the price of the item that is the problem.

I don't believe there is a board rule against asking the buyer to foot PP fees, although I think it should be mentioned in the TOS, and personally as a buyer I find it a turnoff.  The actual rule is against asking a buyer to pay via PP family and friends.

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't believe there is a board rule against asking the buyer to foot PP fees, although I think it should be mentioned in the TOS, and personally as a buyer I find it a turnoff.  The actual rule is against asking a buyer to pay via PP family and friends.

Arch added this recently enough.

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

It was added this past January.. Rule 10 below:

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.
  2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.
  3. List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.
  4. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.
  5. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.
  6. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.
  7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.
  8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.
  9. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)
  10. You cannot post in a way that violates the terms of service for your payment methods. (NOTE: Specifically, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods)
  11. A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated. It is acceptable to say "No time limit" and/or "No returns" and/or have time limits that vary by reason for return e.g. "30 day return for any reason. No time limit returns for "not as described'". But time limits must be stated.
  12. If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.
  13. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).
  14. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you. ALSO HIDING YOUR POST AFTER BUMPING WILL NOT SAVE YOU. Yep, we can see that stuff.
  15. Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.
  16. Raffles are not allowed.
  17. Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That's true now but the Paypal rule was modified by Arch shortly after Prez's sales thread (because of someone else's sales thread). At that time it was a rule because it was a Paypal rule to not add a surcharge nor ask for Paypal fees to be paid by the buyer. Paypal allowed for a handling fee but the fee had to be applied regardless of payment method. So if there was handling fee for using paypal there had to be a handling fee for using a check or money order as well.

I added a rule to help keep everyone in line with the terms of service of their allowed payment methods:

You cannot post in a way that violates the terms of service for your payment methods. (NOTE: Specifically, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods)

Recent posting about PayPal specifically prompted this, although the wording of the rule is a little more general. Here is the PayPal terms of service part that applies:

No surcharges
    You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Non discouragement
    In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.

Edited by kairos70

Yes, as I understand PayPal's rules about this, its like "back room" versus "store front". In the "back room" pricing is done based on the usual considerations, which can include what you are giving up to card and payment services, whether its VISA, debit machines you are paying to rent etc.., or PayPal, BUT in the store front, what the customers see from sticker prices through to completed transaction, there is no discrimination against PayPal's service. So for the customer there is one price no matter the payment method. 

As a point of comparison, am I wrong to think that Clink has a surcharge for using VISA? I think they do but cannot be sure. 

3 minutes ago, crassus said:

Yes, as I understand PayPal's rules about this, its like "back room" versus "store front". In the "back room" pricing is done based on the usual considerations, which can include what you are giving up to card and payment services, whether its VISA, debit machines you are paying to rent etc.., or PayPal, BUT in the store front, what the customers see from sticker prices through to completed transaction, there is no discrimination against PayPal's service. So for the customer there is one price no matter the payment method. 

As a point of comparison, am I wrong to think that Clink has a surcharge for using VISA? I think they do but cannot be sure. 

They do for a fact, I send money orders over and over again.