• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

Great film, I really thought there would be at least mention of Adam Warlock.  I was surprised there wasn't.  Also, paging Captain Marvel was so random.  I wonder how it came about and how Capt. Marvel is affiliated with SHIELD.  Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Right when Dr. Strange gave up the Time stone to Thanos and before he turned to dust, didn't he say to Stark that he lied about that 1 outcome to be victorious against Thanos?  Or was that really not the case and thus he gave up that stone easily since there really is that 1 winning outcome?  I can't wait for part 2!! Hopefully we can see more cosmic beings as well like Silver Surfer..  Also wondering if those heroes that faded and turned to dust would be revived back to life somehow.. I'm not believing that this is the final straw for Spider-Man...

Loved it but a few things kinda bothered me mainly Stormbringer being an axe. I think Thor is just better with a hammer but I get why they did that because of the scene with Thanos getting it in the chest. When Thor comes back to Earth I seriously got goosebumps. That was epic and my favorite scene. Interesting twist that Thanos made the Hulk into a coward. I guess he is just too strong for the fight at Wakanda but funny they put him in the trailer to throw us off charging with the rest of the heroes. Ruffalo prolly wanted more face time too. Iron man and Spidey's new armor were sick. 

I liked to Red Skull idea but it didn't really make sense to me as he was destroyed by the Space Gem or does that mean anyone destroyed by holding a gem is sent where the Soul Gem is? I would have expected the slave girl from GoTG to be there as well then. 

I hope cap gets his shield back next movie but I liked the shield that BP provided. His sister acting like Bruce Banner was dumb was a stretch though. I was curious on how they'd be able to do this with so many stars but how they split it up into really 3 different parts to the same story was really cool and bringing it all together.

Edited by ianh

Saw it again today and had a random thought.  

Of the characters that are left, many of them are technological beings or engineering types -- Tony, Rocket, Vision (if revived somehow), Nebula, Shuri (assuming she made it).  Given that Dr. Strange gave up the Time Stone to save Tony, I can only imagine that they'll be some serious new tech in the next movie, as Tony may be the key to the 1 chance they had out of the 14,000,605.  Maybe it will be time travel, maybe not.  Either way, I think it's going to be somehow important that Tony got "a drop of blood" from Thanos during their fight.  Could be some crazy DNA stuff going on in Avengers 4?  Dunno.  That line just struck me as important this time around.

Dan

40 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

is thanos in the soul stone at the end? did he really die by thor's hand and get sucked in thinking he accomplished his task? i'm thinking old school soul gem power.

That is really a good point when you think back to the old stories from Strange Tales and the Warlock series.

51 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Of the characters that are left, many of them are technological beings or engineering types -- Tony, Rocket, Vision (if revived somehow), Nebula, Shuri (assuming she made it).  Given that Dr. Strange gave up the Time Stone to save Tony, I can only imagine that they'll be some serious new tech in the next movie, as Tony may be the key to the 1 chance they had out of the 14,000,605.  Maybe it will be time travel, maybe not.  Either way, I think it's going to be somehow important that Tony got "a drop of blood" from Thanos during their fight.  Could be some crazy DNA stuff going on in Avengers 4?  Dunno.  That line just struck me as important this time around.

Dan

I was struck by the phrasing too, not ‘all that and only a scratch’ or words to that effect, but the fact that ‘drop of blood’ was said specifically. I assume too thats why if Dr. Strange knew fighting Thanos was futile and he was going to hand over the Time Stone, he went along with the battle because was a critical part of the one senario.  

19 hours ago, WeR138 said:

My thoughts exactly.  No way Dr. Strange is giving that up to save 1 person.

Just getting caught up, but he did say "it was the only way", which I took as meaning the 1 in 14 million. 

4 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

is thanos in the soul stone at the end? did he really die by thor's hand and get sucked in thinking he accomplished his task? i'm thinking old school soul gem power.

My text Friday to people that saw it Thursday was "He's inside the Soul Stone, suckas."  I didn't say suckas, but to keep it PG . . .

5 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Wishful thinking : Tony hears that the ruler of Latveria has developed a time machine and goes to check it out. ?

Makes some sense as Dr Doom was in Infinity Gauntlet comics. Have Dr Doom go back in time to be Rama Tut then stir in the FF as surprise guests at the end of Infinity War II to lead into future FF rebooted movie franchise. (:

As I wrote in the other thread in spoiler mode, the most moving part of the film for me was Gamora's death. That whole scene was just gut wrenching, especially when she realized he was going to have to sacrifice her to get the soulstone. That's one of the best parts of the MCU IMO. They really do infuse a lot of emotional elements that most action films do not.

Edited by OrangeCrush

I'm already speculating about the next movie...Adam Warlock will be key in defeating Thanos just like in the comics.  Also, where are the Cosmic powers like Eternity, Chaos, Order and the Living Tribunal?  It's a shame that they "killed" off Gamora - the whole Gamora, wielder of the Gauntlet is not gonna happen.  I was disappointed to not see Death.  I was sure it was going to be Cate Blanchett reprising her role as Hela.

13 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

I'm already speculating about the next movie...Adam Warlock will be key in defeating Thanos just like in the comics.  Also, where are the Cosmic powers like Eternity, Chaos, Order and the Living Tribunal?  It's a shame that they "killed" off Gamora - the whole Gamora, wielder of the Gauntlet is not gonna happen.  I was disappointed to not see Death.  I was sure it was going to be Cate Blanchett reprising her role as Hela.

In all seriousness, you really can't think of anyone that died as permanently dead. Many will undoubtedly be brought back using the timestone. Wether Gamora will be one of them remains to be seen. I think most of the people that died at the very end will wind up coming back. Its the people that died earlier in the movie that I think are toast, like Loki & Heimdall.

Edited by OrangeCrush

1 minute ago, OrangeCrush said:

In all seriousness, you really can't think of anyone that died as permanently dead. Many will undoubtedly be brought back using the timestone. Wether Gamora will be one of them remains o be seen. 

Hence the quotes around killed. 

7 hours ago, Drummy said:

Dan

One thing is for sure and that is in the one possible future where they defeat Thanos, Tony clearly has a big role to play which is why Dr Strange gave up the time stone to save him.

Edited by OrangeCrush

Just got done seeing it and I loved it...9/10 (but if there's an extended version I'm sure I'd give it 10/10).  Theater was packed for a 10:45 showing at night...impressive.  It is my all time favorite comic book movie (that distinction needs to be made).

Things that bothered me:

- People complaining about Peter ruining their plans to take off the glove:facepalm:.  It had to happen that way for them to succeed!!!  Doctor Strange said he only saw one path and that's the one we were watching.

- The Peter Dinklage character.  He looked like a giant Peter Dinklage.  Should have done more with the design and concept.

- How easily the Black Order were killed.  In the comic they were nearly unstoppable so I was expecting that version of them.

- Not having the Hulk fighting.  It wasn't because he got his butt kicked by Thanos...that doesn't bother the Hulk.  He has the mind of a child and didn't like how Banner only "uses" him when he's needed...so he's pouting.

Things I Loved:

- Thanos.  CGI was perfect.  Character story was perfect (and unexpected...really different from the comic).  My favorite comic book villain.

- The beginning part of the Wakanda battle scene.  Braveheart, Lord Of The Rings,...right up there with the best of them.

- The Bleeding Armor and Iron Spider suit.  That's the definition of comics.

- The scene where they were getting the soul stone.  Great Red Skull surprise, great insight to Thanos, great Gamora sacrifice (***This is going to be important in the next movie***)

One Prediction:

To undo everything somebody will have to wield the Gauntlet in the next movie...it has to be Tony Stark.  So the question is who will he sacrifice (somebody he loves) to activate the soul stone.  My guess is Pepper Potts:acclaim:.