• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VAMPIRELLA MAGAZINE (WARREN PUBLISHING)
7 7

182 posts in this topic

Those are great examples of art that I like as well! Love the Frazetta signature on the first page of that Vampi #1...looks like it may have been signed before his health issues started. I was also just reading that the Vampi #12 was picked as "the #1 Warren cover" by the authors of the Warren Companion. I like that cover a lot, but I don't see how it ranked higher than some of Frazetta's covers...  hm

47 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I also collect Vampirella magazines. I do not collect all of them, just the ones with art on the cover that I like.

Vampirella 1.jpg

Vampi 1 sig.jpg

I am so damn jealous.  Not only is it a  Frazetta autograph, it's an early one with his full name.

42 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Those are great examples of art that I like as well! Love the Frazetta signature on the first page of that Vampi #1...looks like it may have been signed before his health issues started. I was also just reading that the Vampi #12 was picked as "the #1 Warren cover" by the authors of the Warren Companion. I like that cover a lot, but I don't see how it ranked higher than some of Frazetta's covers...  hm

I own about 20 Vampirella magazines. I am not entirely certain of the signature's validity ( too good to be true is why I think that ).

If it is real it is similar to how he signed in late 1960's to early 1970's so if it is real it means he signed it relatively close to the release date of the magazine.

49 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I own about 20 Vampirella magazines. I am not entirely certain of the signature's validity ( too good to be true is why I think that ).

If it is real it is similar to how he signed in late 1960's to early 1970's so if it is real it means he signed it relatively close to the release date of the magazine.

I'm actually impressed even if it's a forgery, Oakman!

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I am so damn jealous.  Not only is it a  Frazetta autograph, it's an early one with his full name.

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced you're right. It has all the correct characteristics of an authentic Frazetta signature, even the type of ink used...an incredible addition to an already valuable collectible.

58 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I think you scored big on that purchase, buddy...:whee:

Edited by The Lions Den
More stuff