• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spinner Racks

27 posts in this topic

I have two comic shop spinner racks that my friend gave me when he closed his shop. They have spidey, archie, etc. on them.

Anyway, I have them stored at my folks' home, but it looks like they may be downsizing, so I may lose my storage.

Before I dig them up and take pictures I'd like to determine whether this would be something people here would be interested in.

They're too big to ship, so it would need to be a pick-up (or delivery if not too far from me) in the Tri-State area.

I'm in Manhattan (New Haven is a solid 2.5 hours from here unless you're a Nascar driver). Perhaps UPS can ship them, I don't know, but I'd bet they'd charge an arm and a leg. I'm pretty sure they're too big for the P.O., even disassembled (I forget exactly, but I still think it would be like 6 feet tall taken apart). When the time comes for me to get them out of the house I'll figure out what UPS would charge to ship, put some pictures up, etc. now that it seems there would be interest.

I'm in Manhattan (New Haven is a solid 2.5 hours from here unless you're a Nascar driver). Perhaps UPS can ship them, I don't know, but I'd bet they'd charge an arm and a leg. I'm pretty sure they're too big for the P.O., even disassembled (I forget exactly, but I still think it would be like 6 feet tall taken apart). When the time comes for me to get them out of the house I'll figure out what UPS would charge to ship, put some pictures up, etc. now that it seems there would be interest.

Manhattan works. When do you want to get rid of them? I'd love one - I'm in DC, but either myself or Mrs. Donut are often in NYC.

ok, once again, not to be crass and commercial, but among those of you who would like to pick one up in manhattan or long island (suffolk county) [there seems to be enough interest in that to make UPS too much work], how much are you willing to pay? i'm not a greedy guy, just enough to make scheduling all of this worthwhile.

PM me. I will be out there this weekend or July 4th, so I can take some pictures then. I believe these are the same type as someone here has who posted a picture of his "comic den" with its spinner rack.